Mildest flat tappet cam avail. for the GN?

set of heads did you get, if I may ask?:cool:
Sorry, I did'nt get any. It was hard not to though. Zero balance on CC made it tough. Sooooo tempting. I think alum. heads will be my Xmas gift to myseld this Dec.

Go to Kirbans and get some Z Paste for the break in. It is the most effective stuff out there, period. After the first oil change use the ZDDP at every oil change and you should be good.

Go to Kirbans and get some Z Paste for the break in. It is the most effective stuff out there, period. After the first oil change use the ZDDP at every oil change and you should be good.
Calling them..............................................NOW!:smile:

I forgot to mention, when I ordered the cam/lifters form TA, she advised me to buy a bottle of zinc additive they offer for cam breakin. {$18:confused:} so I did. Upon putting everthing back together I had planned on cleaning the oil pan and changing the oil along with ZDDPLUS. Should I combine ZDDPLUS with the breakin additive?:confused: Seems a bit overkill.

Over kill, its hard to be over kill. i would use the additive with the zpaste and you will be fine. then after that zddp in every oil change

If you plan on getting the aluminum heads, I would much rather see you stuff a larger cam in there. It seems aluminum heads are way above overkill for what you want to do....

Joe

TA 208/208 flat tappet cam

Anyone using the TA perf. scheider 208/208 cam? Hows the quality and any wiped cam lobe problems? Which flat tappet cam has the best track record for no wiped cam lobes? I will be using the ZZDP oil additive with the cam choice.
:confused:

Anyone using the TA perf. scheider 208/208 cam? Hows the quality and any wiped cam lobe problems? Which flat tappet cam has the best track record for no wiped cam lobes? I will be using the ZZDP oil additive with the cam choice.

I would contact Nick Micale @ Home

He knows how to make a flat tappet last in one of these motors. my Flat Tappet has been running strong for sometime now.

Nick is right on on this.. the 206/206 is probably the most forgotten cam ever.

10 second power with great street manners. #1 street cam for anyone.

davidf - keep your foot out of it and it'll get better mileage.

212/212

Thanks for the replys.
I was thinking about the 212/212 Comp Cam flat tappet but was afraid of overcaming the motor. Summit racing only has this one replacement cam for the Grand National. Not planning to go over 22 psi and mostly street driving. Did you loose any low end, throttle response and turbo spool up time? How's the street drivability? Did it pull strong like gang busters?

i would contact nick and let him spec you a cam. every combo is different. my car i cant even tell there is a cam in there. it does pull hard up top

Is a flat tappet cam swap worth the effort and $$? What's the price difference between a roller set up vs. non roller?
Also, what lifters are you going to use with the new flat tappet?