Mixing e85 with 93 octane

rtseast71

Have any of you guys had any experience with mixing e85 with 93 octane instead of race gas . I'm on the fence of using e85 . Don't know much about e85

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Dont mix it ..

if you want to run pump fuel and have no access to E85 use a Alkycontrol setup

If you have E85 access.. switch over to straight E85 and never look back .. it's the simplest most cost effective source of power for these cars bar none

If you mix in a little you'll be fine. I would say to not go more than 20% based on my research before doing it. I'm fully converted now so it doesn't matter and like Turbo89 said, if you can make the switch go for it and never look back.

I used to mix but it gets to be an extreme pita because each time you top off the tank you have to take into account the mix that is already in the tank down to the last gallon and adjust the tune accordingly

Thanks guy prob bite the bullet and go ahead with e85 I just have to drive 40 miles to get but I think it would be worth it . My setup so far is DLS 206 roller 83# modded ecm and a modded Garrett 35 turbo with 3200 converter hope to have it all back together soon just rebuilt the motor just need a couple more parts to finish it

Thanks guy prob bite the bullet and go ahead with e85 I just have to drive 40 miles to get but I think it would be worth it . My setup so far is DLS 206 roller 83# modded ecm and a modded Garrett 35 turbo with 3200 converter hope to have it all back together soon just rebuilt the motor just need a couple more parts to finish it

After the 40 mile drive you would need to get towed back to the gas station to fill up and the cycle will continue. E85 IS GREAT but it burns stupid fast

I would think driving 40 miles just to get fuel will get old very fast. Why not just go Alky?

E85 is direct port alky ^^ lol...I was in the same boat as the op a few years back and yes all of it gets old fast but the gains are more than worth it...for a while anyway...

After the 40 mile drive you would need to get towed back to the gas station to fill up and the cycle will continue. E85 IS GREAT but it burns stupid fast

Not sure what your tune is .. but no way is it that bad unless your in it all the time... you can get 15-16 mpg no problem .. 20 if you are off the throttle and baby it

Car not tuned yet . The motor is still out of the car. But plan having it dyno tuned as it gets back together.

That's what I'm hopefully going to they say this combo should do . I ask bison said it should be capable of 10.40@130 we shall see .

I haven't seen or heard of anyone getting 20mpg with e85.

Its all in the tune and how you drive and what the setup of the car is .. .. I am not gonna say EVERY E85 car will get 20 mpg ...

But 20 mpg isn't that hard to achieve ... I am not talking stop and go traffic , non lockup car, on drag radials, with 160# injectors and a RACE tune...

just saying it can be done and you have to baby the car

I have mixed it many time I would mix 50-50 or as close as I could get .the big thing would be the consistence of the mix I would run close to empty and put 7gallons of each I would run 26 lbs of boost with 18 degree timing with 60 lb injectors with no knock that was with 91 octane now that 93 octane is a available also have a station with 110 at the pump I just run 93+ally turned the boost down to 20 and don't run it hard any more this was with a te44 after 4 transmissions in a month I'm afraid to run it hard again got tired of braking and being tolled just cruising for now until I get confidence back the tranny going to stay together

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk