motor rebuilt should i prime the pump

When I primed my motor, I pulled the trigger in the left hand on the drill and had a mirror in the right (from wifes make up box:eek: ) pointing at the oil pressure guage on the A pillar.;)

Wiped the grease off and put it back .... She'll never know:wink:

PRIME THE ENGINE!!!Last year i change the cam and forget to prime the pump end up with all the engine bearings BURN and 1 rod bearing roll,so you know DISASTER!!!Use an old 3.8 V6 distributor to make a priming tool and follow the instructions on OIL PUMP PRIMING/GNTTYPE.ORG

This sounds interesting. Does anyone make this for a front mount setup?

We are selling a complete kit that includes all the hoses and fittings needed if you are running the oil cooler in the radiator. Won't work with front mount intercoolers though unless you can come up with a place to mount the Accusump.

Check it out at........ ACCUSUMP PRE-OILER KITS

For front mount cars, the canister is fairly large, about the size of two traditional oil cans end to end plus the air gauge on one end and the electric valve on the other. Not sure if there would be enough room to mount it where the stock location intercooler was or not? Was thinking that maybe the mounting bars I make could bolt onto the bottom of the radiator support with the canister in between the IC pipes? Don't have a front mount car to reference to. Anyone got some pics of where the pipes come up?