my 283 chevy beat a turbo buick

Status
Not open for further replies.

1965chevyimpala

just want to pass along a story i cam up to a light in my town when a 1987 GNX pulled up my impala has got a 283 with a 456 rearend and a high rise manifold when the light turrned green we took off i had him all threw my four gears he was mad and sped off at the end just like to tell u all, that buicks are not the only thing that hauls ass!!!;)

nice car

i had one of those 65 impala conv. ss loved that car you never forget your 1st ,283 2brl headers powerglide non posi 2.73 rear ,nice car ,

Oooh, Congratulations- Would you like a ribbon

If I WAS to believe this line of bull.

May I ask what the message bord you hang out on is? Because alot of us could go over their and hammer on you guys for having the owner of the fastest Impala in the land come to our site and start getting us all worked up.

not to mention i had a 64 impala with a 327 and many upgrades, lucky if i could beat stock hot air.

all four gears with 456's! man, you musta got up to 50 mph:eek:

I guess it must feel good to beat a 6 cyl? It can happen. I doubt that a 4000lb impala with a 283 could make it happen mind you. Maybe next time you could let the Buick guy know you're racing so he too could put it down:D

Next time you should try racing in the SAME direction!:D

GNX??
I doubt it!

ks

I seriously hope none of you are believing this BS. I'm sure anyone who has actually been in a 283 impala won't believe it. Those things can barely get out of their own way. That's a 16 second car at best. I've been in a friend's car with some light mods and gears and that thing wasn't even close to my car back when I was in the high 13s. By close I mean within 10 carlengths. Oops, I guess I just fueled the fire and that's all this guy wanted since we all know he's full of it.

Then again, there was a NA 3.8 Regal GNX replica around here racing everyone in sight. That might've been a good run.

We have another troll fellas, its gotta be a 14 year old again to type up that lie!!:D

Give me a break! Anyone with a GNX wouldn't waste their time on a slug like that. I for one wouln't. Besides, I don't think he "sped off mad", I think he sped off glad!:eek:

Attachments

• gnx 509.jpg
    gnx 509.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 409
In all reality, it is possible. If you see the thread the car has a 283, 4.56's, tunnel ram. Even if it was in a 4000 lb car, this thing could still run mid-low 12's if it was BUILT, and it could be! You put 12.5:1 pistons, 650 lift cam, 4 speed, it could very well run high 12's on the street and a "ordinary" GNx(?) would be no match for it. Any "built" car can beat a stock GN on the street after it gets heat soaked. Just not enough info to make a judgment..

Would any of you believe that a 289 SBF can run 10.33@ 133mph way back in 1987? That was unheard of back then!

ks;)

I just sold a 500 HP Mustang 5.0. It ran 10.89 in full street trim, so I can beleive almost anything. But I would never get on this website and brag about it eaven if it did happen. It's a respect thing.

Man I can not believe this!!! There goes our undefeated streak. It ends after 15 years of never being whupped up on and to think at the hands of of a 150 year old 283 sb chevy. Now what are we going to do????!!!! The value of our cars has just been cut in half!!! Oh the Horror, the Horror.......

raise the good ol' bs flag. think of probability factor here....400+hp 283 going sub 13's in a 4000+pound car just happening to line up on one of those all to common gnx's. come on guys stop wasting bandwidth on this guy. some 15 year old is sitting at home smilling right now.

Ohh probably, but I bet the MAJORITY of TR owners out there don't have a clue how to mod them. They buy Hypertech chips and think they are faster. There are only 4 (?) of us out of 10 cars in this city that are modded and have some sort of idea where to go to do it. Not to mention there are those Hot Air cars that make us IC'ed cars have to work extra hard to keep up the "Fast" reputation!!:D

ks:D

It's the other way around in my area. The hotair is the fastest production block GN. In fact when people see the underhood difference with two side by side they think mine was the faster year. The only one that is quicker is my dad's stage II.

Originally posted by matt87
not to mention i had a 64 impala with a 327 and many upgrades, lucky if i could beat stock hot air.

Aww come on, Everything can beat a Hot Air ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.