my 283 chevy beat a turbo buick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now I'm the stupid one...

I'm using my girlfriend's computer and I didn't realize HER name was logged in when I typed the message above.

Maybe it is past my bedtime.

:rolleyes: Jeff

I like that. 1987 GNX. I don't know, in my book it is just a GNX, just doesn't sound right with the year before it. I wonder if he knows which # it was, this might help clarify things with me.

283 cubic inches, why not just step down to a V6, your almost there anyways.

and how does he jnow thr year of the car? and was it a GNX.. OR a turbo buick at that! coulda been a lil old lady drvin a N/A one? and how do u know he was trin and racein?

Re: bring it

Originally posted by 1965chevyimpala
man u guys have a real temper, well if u talk the talk why dont you come race ur buicks my impala just layed down a 11.89 at 109mph so kiss my a$$!

Where you at?
I'll gladly hand you your ass.

Re: Re: bring it

Originally posted by slow 87

Where you at?
I'll gladly hand you your ass.

11.89...very nice time, but ah, i wouldn't be bragging about that time on a turbo buick board,plenty of guys on here are much faster than that ;) :)

GNX's are overrated anyways.... Its like the whole "Hemi" thing... Whoppie.. There both 13 second sleds...

Seems the "Lengend" about the GNX has FAR FAR FAR exceeded its true Performance ability. I see people saying they ran 11s from the Factory etc etc.. Give me a break.

If I rolled up next to a Stock GNX and beat him (Which I probably would :D ) nobody would believe it cause its a GNX.

P.S. 11.89@109? What a sled.. :D Wheres the Horsepower?

hope you are from Ga. 283 impala so i can get some too. My car only runs 13's but i would be more and happy to hand you your A@@. I think he is an ex- ricer that got a V-8 and think he has a little power(little). Please tell us where you are!! What's up with 109 mph. That's real weak for 11's :D :rolleyes:

'65impala whatever your sooo full of BS. Buick owners know that there are other cars out there so you dont need to "remind" us. Anyways, no turbo/intercooled car will fall to a impala 283 unless heavily mod'ed, and if that is so why brag if u have all the speed equip and u beat a stock car???

dead topic

ok, ok....i don't think this squirrel is going to reply anytime soon. can we kill this post? please? :rolleyes:

TTA89

You are right GNXs are overated. Cool car but too nice to really give it a go. Best kept as a collector's item. Rather own a built 87 Turbo T Limited, sleeper for sure.

Anyway stock for stock a TTA will hang and most of the time beat a GNX, we all know that but we don't care.

Just like the TTA is a half-breed car. Hell most of us TTA owners have the red-headed step child syndrome but we are all Buick brothers.

Feel the love...

a 283 with 4:56 gears should be a hell of ride out of the hole.
I had a 283 in my 1974 SS Nova, 3.41 pos, close-ratio 4-speed, etc. Beat alot of big blocks and other cars, but no top end obviously. I would generally suprise most people thru 2nd gear anyway, fun car.

Oh yeah, Geno . Almost everyone here has or still owns other types cars.
How in the HELL do you think we found out how much fun a Buick could be??

TO BE THE MAN....YOU GOT TO BEAT THE BUICK....

Words to live by

Later...

What a bunch of bull...

uhhhhhhhh first of all there were only 547 gnx's made...second there's like maybe 2 of them that are actually driven on the streets...what the hell makes you think you beat a gnx with your impalla...what a bunch of crap, unless your impalla runs low 13's like a STOCK gnx does...don't even come on here and talk trash...the gnx prolly wasn't even racing you...keep dreaming though

Originally posted by Buick From Hell
Let's break this story down just a bit

i came up to a light in my town when a 1987 GNX pulled up...
Like WE need to be told it's a 1987? (Sounds a bit "rehearsed"?)

my impala has got a 283 with a 456 rearend and a high rise manifold
High-rise manifold? Is THAT all the info we get? Are we talking an Edelbrock Z-28 "high-rise" knockoff, or a Weiand tunnel with a pair of Barry Grant's on top? If MY car was capable of killing a GNX, I'd be spilling some beans!!

when the light turrned green we took off i had him all threw my four gears he was mad and sped off at the end
At the end of WHAT? The road? Town? The day? "The race"? I wonder if the alleged GNX was even racing!

justt like to tell u all, that buicks are not the only thing that hauls ass!!!
Uh, this isn't a "ford's/chevy's/dodges SUCK" board! Believe it or not, some of us actually own OTHER cars! <gasp>!

well if u talk the talk why dont you come race ur buicks my impala just layed down a 11.89 at 109mph so kiss my a$$!
Son, if you'd take a few moments to read a few threads, and check out a few signatures, you may just find that roughly HALF the fine buick owners here could undercut an 11.89 on a bad day!

I don't wanna throw flames, but it just seems like a rehearsed story meant only to provoke the masses! If you want to discuss cars and such in a gentlemanly fashion, we're all ears! Otherwise....well, you've already SEEN otherwise!
;)

god damn i couldn't have said that better myself!!!:D

I think we all know its cubic dollars that makes cars fast$$$$$$
There are 283 cars that can kick my ass but not to many and they wouldnt be much of a street car.
Thats not to say this guys 283 is the $hit but i think most of us GN guys make enough snort out of our 3.8 to beat most all the 283 cars out there hands down.I do know that my buddys 64 chevelle 2 door wagon runs 11,s with his race motor 283 and stock intake and carb. Im sure his car would eat a stock GNX.
Besides most GNX owners polish there cars and not race them.

is anyone on this board aware that 65impala posted a pic of his car in the turbo lounge... one pic is of a 65 impala dropped on its nutz and on daytons and the pic was takin form the back seat of another car.. then the other that he said was from this year{he said teh other pic was from98} and the 2nd pic is a 66-67 chevelle w/ cragers and stock height.. and there 2 diff. blues.. the dayton one is light blue and teh other is dark. go check them out.

Someone owns a decent Impala I like Impalas BTW. But coming over to this board and bragging makes one sound insecure about the capabilities of the owner instead of the machine. Just wanted to clarify that cause with this Buick contingent you have effectively brought a knife to a proverbial gun fight.
Unless you can substantiate that which you speak of you will not be believed, I have the distinct feeling you cannot. Therefore you will lose this argument and be delegated to that Troll status that has already been attached to your presence. So in hopes you will listen to me I have attached a site to which I'm sure they will welcome your thoughts with open arms:

http://www.impala.blackhills.com/

That said Thread Locked.

Good luck.

Geoff

That was well said and with class like or cars

:)

Originally posted by cool 84
. Those things can barely get out of their own way. .

Haaaa! That has to be the funniest thing I've ever heard. Come on guy's, it's clear that this punk has no clue of what he's talking about. I say we get on the impala forum and talk some smack to them. WWW.Impalassforum.com

Also, I've seen two GNX's out on the street here in Miami since I've had my GN (only 10 months). This one guy I meet at a Wendy's. It was parked out side and I walked inside looking for someone who looked like they would own the car. A bunch of people left and next thing I knew their was a guy standing in front of my car looking at it. "Bingo". So I ran outside and told him "I'll let you see it if you let me see yours". It was beautiful. it only had 1,000 something miles on it. I got so caught up in the car that my girlfriend started walking home! I almost lost her that night. Anyways it turns out he has 2 GNX's! We talked and he told me I could go by one day and see it. I told him no way because i'll probably go Crazy or something. He was really cool. Check them out: http://www.employees.org/~luigi/Buicks.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.