My BBC '86 GN

jehenke

Well, after 4 long years my GN is pretty much done. All that's left is completing the exhaust, getting a front end alignment and tinting the front windows. I've just about completely remade the car after buying it. It was a low 10 second car with the turbo 6 and a PTE 71mm turbo. Not long afterwards, it started spinning the mains. Out came the 6. Here's where it stands today, not quite what I want yet but its getting there.

555ci BBC. Dart block, Brodix heads, Super Victor intake, custom solid roller cam, 1050 Dominator (ran outta cash to fuel inject it). 10.2:1 compression. Advertised flywheel HP of 750. I'd like to switch to an LS motor by next year or at least FI it.

Select T400 with transbrake, PTC converter.

8.5 10 bolt, Moser axles, Auburn diff. Complete Wolfe Racecraft rear suspension.

TRZ manual rack conversion, G Body Parts upper and lower tubular control arms (aweful BTW, one lower needed a weld redone and both ball joints were frozen). QA1 adjustable struts, Moroso trick springs.

The body was treated to a full fiberglass setup. Front and rear bumpers, trunk lid, header, cowl hood (hated to do that) and Token doors (which needed a ****load of work).

Wheels are Centerline Splitspokes. 15x10 in the rear, 15x7 in the front. Rears are MT 295/55/15's. NO frame notch!
utf-8BSU1HMDA1MjktMjAxMTA4MTMtMTczOC5qcGc.jpg

well, it looks like a monte carlo and i guess it sounds like one with that bbc. should've bought a plain jane regal. jmo

Maybe after getting things ironed out this week I can get some video. !fast6, I've already got an LS1 to build, so the cowl hood (that I'm not fond of) will go with the BBC. You can keep your opinion, not that I put much into it, since you felt it important to put your ignition wires and S-10 wheel cylinders in your signiture.

very nice car and engine. Forget the LSx garbage and stick with the BBC. No replacement for displacement. 750 hp is a good amount of hp. If your going to go forced induction than i would use the BBC.

since you felt it important to put your ignition wires and S-10 wheel cylinders in your signiture.

only reason those were added to sig was to limit any questions people had about my set up... it also has t-tops:biggrin: but this coming from someone who bought a turbo car and couldn't keep it running so you had to put a n/a big junk chevy in it.... what ever...

ps. nice monte carlo.

I bet the questions were adding up at a furious pace. Good thing you set everyone straight on your near stock GN. The burden you must have suffered. Like I said, my car isn't where I want it yet. So why is it you're trolling the V8 conversion forum anyway? BTW, let me know when you run 10.20's with your 6. Good thing your car isn't loaded down with horsepower, your t-tops would probably leak (if they don't already).

Seriously, it's dicks like you, knocking other peoples stuff, that ruin forums.

whatever douche bag. the only knocking being done is from your cry baby ass cause you couldn't get your 6 to run. had to buy it built then blow it up. way to go. so your car went 10.2x once and you grenaded the motor? wow you are a tool!
nice hybrid. is it a flexfuel.

Once again, TROLL, why do you bother with the V8 conversion forum? It's probably better your car is slow, it matches your wit and would be too much for you to handle.

What is going on here?
The name calling in this thread is done.
1fast6 you will not be posting in this thread again.

Must feel good to be back on the road. I wouldn't bother with all the LSx stuff since you've come this far. Drop the compression a bit and throw a 91mm turbo on it. :D

Peter

Thanks for all the compliments everyone. I just got the car back from exhaust yesterday. Custom 3", x pipe, Borla mufflers and then turned out after the rear wheel with 4" oval pipes. All in stainless. Looks awesome. I'll post some pics tomorrow. I'm leaving my options open. Either fuel inject the big block or go LS. Either will get a blower at some point.

John, thank you for ending the BS.

Bad ass car. That big motor would spin up a 118 with a 1.50 exhaust housing easy. Forget the LS engine, go that route!

Nice work!

dude if you remove 555 cubic inches to put an LSX, ill be disappointed lol. put a largeframe turbo on the side of that monster! i wonder if a thicker headgasket would knock compression down enough to run a turbo on pump gas for that? or if it would just screw up the quench too much?