My BBC '86 GN

dude if you remove 555 cubic inches to put an LSX, ill be disappointed lol. put a largeframe turbo on the side of that monster! i wonder if a thicker headgasket would knock compression down enough to run a turbo on pump gas for that? or if it would just screw up the quench too much?

Quench doesn't seem to matter too much on boosted engines, but who cares about pump gas when you have a 555 with a thumper on it? :)

Quench doesn't seem to matter too much on boosted engines, but who cares about pump gas when you have a 555 with a thumper on it? :)

i dunno, somthing about chopping up to local gas station with 9 liters, a big snail and "topping her off" just sounds like alot of fun to me

Thanks guys. The rear backspacing is 4.5. I had some new car blues with it. The carb needs a rebuild. It was about the only thing that wasnt new. Thankfully, the FAST dual wideband really picked it up quick. Second, I went with a cheap oil pan to save a few bucks, Bad move. Leaks like a mutha. Around the dipstick and pan rail. I hope its not too much of a bitch to change. The exhaust came out awesome. Once its up in the air, I'll get some shots.

nice car - 'might' be interested in that cowl induction hood if you are getting rid of it.

Old thread ..but thanks for bringing it back , first time seeing it .VERY NICE !! I have no problem looking at GN's/TR's with something other than a V6 under the hood , especially one with a big block . :D :)

stick with the BBC,!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LS1 style motors are getting to be like belly buttons!
no way will an LS1 have the torque that 555 has!!!!!!
the seat of pants dyno with that BBC will more than likely ruin your shorts!
I've had a 6-71 BBC in my boat, and it scared the crap out of me!
now that motor (minus blower) is going into my 53 Stude pickup.
post up some video of this monster running!

Thanks for bringing back my thread guys. Things have been a little slow. The 555 lives, breathes and drives. Not what I want yet, but I've had a few personal issues to deal with. Right now it has a new 1050 Holley on it. Next year it will have EFI and some kind of forced induction. I'll have some dyno and track results in the next month or so, so I'll be back some some results to post. Thanks again. BTW, the BBC stays. The only other update was a 6 point chromoly rollbar with a swingout bar done by Montana Brothers.

Thats just sick looking!! Trade ya for my t type :).. I wish i had the skills n cash to take on a project like that... Aswome!!

Old thread ..but thanks for bringing it back , first time seeing it .VERY NICE !! I have no problem looking at GN's/TR's with something other than a V6 under the hood , especially one with a big block . :D :)

That gold T is BEAUTIFUL!

And on another note do whatever you want with your cars! T/R or otherwise!

Thanks . and I agree , that's why I have a TT SBC slated to drop in mine . :D :)

Yeah, I just pick up my first Buick two months ago. It's a 1987 Buick Turbo-T WE4. I didn't want it at first, because it has a 383 Stroker in it, but when I went to see it in person I was very impressed. The condition of it was way better than the GNs I went to look at. I already have a unassembled 355 with all forged internals sitting in my buddies garage. I plan to twin turbo this 355, and drop it in March/April,or find out the internals in this 383 (guy lost paperwork for engine) I have to buy a few misc parts to buy. I planned to drop a Turbo 6 back into it, due to it being a WE4, but to get it where I need for power it cost hella $$$$$$. KWIKR sounds like you will have a nice set-up, are you going to use Aeromotive for you fuel set-up?

Attachments

• 2012-07-28 13.52.11.jpg
    2012-07-28 13.52.11.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 100
Yeah, I just pick up my first Buick two months ago. It's a 1987 Buick Turbo-T WE4. I didn't want it at first, because it has a 383 Stroker in it, but when I went to see it in person I was very impressed. The condition of it was way better than the GNs I went to look at. I already have a unassembled 355 with all forged internals sitting in my buddies garage. I plan to twin turbo this 355, and drop it in March/April,or find out the internals in this 383 (guy lost paperwork for engine) I have to buy a few misc parts to buy. I planned to drop a Turbo 6 back into it, due to it being a WE4, but to get it where I need for power it cost hella $$$$$$. KWIKR sounds like you will have a nice set-up, are you going to use Aeromotive for you fuel set-up?

I'll be running twin Weldon 1100A's . best that we not to hi-jack this thread . you can PM me and I'll answer and other questions you may have . :)

She look's nice John...
I love BBC power, stick with it.
p.s. I still have the top end from your busted up 6.

Got some projects for the winter. Starting with paining those seat frames. lol. And re-wiring everything. Hopefully spring will bring fuel injection to the 555!!!

The turbo cars are just awesome for the street and several select races.

I have an 87...with some of the usual mods.

But, I'am a serious bracket racer...

I use this...below...

When you can do a 7.90 week after week you can tell me how great your 6 is...