My kills. 26 and 0 so far.

I'm sure the moomoo and lipstick aren't helping either.:rolleyes:

Hey Tim, Saw this at the Bonneville Speedweek a few days ago.

Relative of yours?

Mike B.

Ol' cousin Thunder....wondered whatever became of him....
He strapped a rocket to his giblets once and lit it off...thought we'd never see him again...

Gotta admit tho' I'm more than slightly disturbed to see him take it in the tail feathers from a GMC....that just aint spiritual....

33 more killed this morning an a few joined while I was checking the others out.:mad: Why the heck won't they go away.:(

Looks like you got one more to do in "safety equipment"...

Got that 1 and 2 more. Thanks for the heads up Pronto.;) Like I said, most of you don't see this side and out of 150 or so spammers that hit the board we've had less than 10 post. Pretty damn good average I think.:D

LOL I agree but no one's helping out here.:mad: Jay's doing his best to get a handle on this and all it seems I do is kill frigging spamers.:( In the last hour I think I've killed at lest 10 more. I've honestly stopped counting at this point because it's so ridiculous to have this many hit the board.:confused:

At your advanced age LOL you need to stop wasting time.
By the time you get done ill be on my LSx conversion and my 11 year old will be driving it to HS.

Well there's been no activity for about 2 hours so I think Jay's got the blocks in place and we (God willing) will be spam free for a while.:cool:

Just an update for you guys. Since late Monday I've caught 1 or 2 a day but this is from Jay.:confused:

504 spammers stopped since Monday. I just upgraded the spam software also.

Just so you guys know this is an on going battle with the scum of the earth.:mad:

PURGE THE BIRTHDAY EVENT .. OR THEY WILL KEEP COMING .. I TOLD YOU SO .. A YEAR AGO !

Im not sure what you think "the birthday event" has to do with spam but I can explain to you how all this works so maybe you'll understand why purging anything from here is going to make no difference. Spammers use a piece of software called XRunner. It does EVERYTHING for you. It signs up to the forum, validates the account and makes posts all with no user intervention whatsoever. The reason we have been reasonably spam free for the last 6 months or so is because XRunner doesnt work with Xenforo. Well, they just released a version last week that does thus the influx. Removing any one thread is not going to make a bit of difference.

Ive put various measures in place since Monday. Ive blocked 4 or 5 countries where the spam was originating from using the latest country zone files, Ive installed a couple of new spam detectors and added a hidden field to the registration page that XRunner tries to fill out. When that happens, instant ban. Since I posted about the last number, there have been 26 more attempts at signing up and I havent even looked at whats sitting in post moderation. One of the spam utilities Im using scans the posts for certain keywords and automatically moderates the posts. Thats why spam has fallen off since last weekend. Once I realized there was an influx, it was just a matter of putting up the necessary barricades.

Have a wonderful weekend!

Thanks Jay for all your hard work on this and all the other stuff you do here.:)

Mike B.

Stopped about 60 more overnight. Its a full onslaught.

I'm guessing that between the 2 of us the counts over 1K so far.:eek: No more have shown up in the new members in the last 24 hours so it looks like the new measures you've put in place are working.;)

I installed the same measures on my cycling website which doesnt see anywhere close to the traffic we see here and it blocked 3 in 7 minutes. Its going to be really bad for a while.