My Stage 2 car update

So, I was out towing cars late last night and noticed the bay doors open at GN Northwest about 10pm. Thought I would drop in and see what those guy's were up to. Boy am I glad I stopped.

They were in there with Cal tuning their cars. This place is like the ultimate boy's candy store. I stood in awe drooling at the sound of a v-8 turbo car. A chevrolet lumina I have to say it was. All dolled up in chromeillusion paint. Sounded awesome at full song.

Then you had Genos car which I was a little to late to get to hear run but OH MY GOD what a beautiful monster. This car has been masterfully constucted. I soooooo wish I could see it run at Turbo Thunder but someone has to work. My employees suck.... Oh thats right I dont have any... NEVERMIND...

I got to meet Jason, and chat with Cheryl. We were still giggling about our towing adventure last week. Thank's for being so kind Jason. I have never felt more welcome at a shop. Geno all I can say is Get to work. Dan, you are a great guy. Nice to get to talk a little with ya. And the other knot heads I forgot to mention, nice to see ya.

So, Did the COP'S come? They were right up the street at the bar when I left. :)

I think you guy's were talking about dyno runs today? Well lets have some numbers.. PLEASE......

I think you guy's were talking about dyno runs today? Well lets have some numbers.. PLEASE......

Mike, you should have been there.

I got to the dyno early this morning and got to watch Gene's car make some pulls....I will let Gene post his numbers. I was just glad to see a look of relief on Gene's face when he finally got his car to this stage after so many years and countless hours working on it. I will say this....it is definitely a monster!

Was fun watching Cal running around tuning 3 cars and the crowd just kept getting bigger and bigger. In fact, a few police cars even rolled up. ;)

38 PSI.........Film at eleven. Can't wait for night time starting line two step action! The guy working the tree is gonna NEED flame retardant pants if you run in the left lane.:eek: Woodburn is gonna see 35+psi?????? Good luck. Runs great Gene. And to think you were afraid it would "KACK" on the dyno.

What an awesome car! Gene's attention to detail is amazing. The car has interior lights, comfortable seats, and everything is polished up like a show car! What was even cooler was, after we finished dynoing, Gene takes the car to a local cruise spot then drives it over to a friends house :eek: Nothing like cruising around town on 500# injectors huffing alcohol!
I can't wait to see what he and Sean do at the track this weekend.

What an awesome car! Gene's attention to detail is amazing. The car has interior lights, comfortable seats, and everything is polished up like a show car! What was even cooler was, after we finished dynoing, Gene takes the car to a local cruise spot then drives it over to a friends house :eek: Nothing like cruising around town on 500# injectors huffing alcohol!
I can't wait to see what he and Sean do at the track this weekend.

Thanks Cal:)
Knowing you said i did a good job building my car means alot to a guy like me. It was alot of fun hanging out with you and Shawn last weekend and im looking forward to having you back to put the high boost tune on my car:eek:You never know after Shawn saying he would tow the car to Bowling
Green when you might see and tune my car again;)You are a real pro and have my respect:)

Thanks Cal:)
Knowing you said i did a good job building my car means alot to a guy like me. It was alot of fun hanging out with you and Shawn last weekend and im looking forward to having you back to put the high boost tune on my car:eek:You never know after Shawn saying he would tow the car to Bowling
Green when you might see and tune my car again;)You are a real pro and have my respect:)
Always had great support from Cal and Holly and they are nice people too.:cool:

Steve

Looked and sounded good Geno. Enjoy it.

Well the stator support tube was spun and thats why the car didnt 60 Ft and wouldnt spoolup:mad:I talked to PTC and the people i bought the trans from. They both say it happens evey so often and the best they can say is replace the the pump and try it again:confused: The trans guy says that the tourqe converter has to lock up to do this and it happens every so often without warning or damage to the converter..The stator tube is hardend and splined with set screws and it still turned:mad::mad:

Well the stator support tube was spun and thats why the car didnt 60 Ft and wouldnt spoolup:mad:I talked to PTC and the people i bought the trans from. They both say it happens evey so often and the best they can say is replace the the pump and try it again:confused: The trans guy says that the tourqe converter has to lock up to do this and it happens every so often without warning or damage to the converter..The stator tube is hardend and splined with set screws and it still turned:mad::mad:

Hey Gene. I just called your cell and left a message.

The Gerotor pump will fix the issue. We've tried several different support tubes with the diode but the Gerotor pump seems to be the only one that will take the harmonics of the diode. They tend to break when coming out of the burnout or any other scenario where the tires come to a sudden stop from a high mph. It's not actually the converter locking up that causes the problem but is the diode's ratcheting action that can snap the tube once it grabs.

So am I guessing the car didn't get to run? WTF? This makes me very sad if thats the case. You have put your heart and soul into your project and for it not to get to go is a bummer... Hope you get er sorted out gene...

Congrats on getting it finished! I KNOW how much work you had to put into that thing!

Great job!:cool: