New Drag Wheels

I have moser axles on the rear, so when upgrading those I also upgraded to a 1/2-20 X 3" bolt on the rear. I got my lugs directly from centerline (I know you didn't want to hear that:mad:) and used open ended lugs on the rear and closed end lugs (12 X 1.5) on the fronts.
Here are the specs for the lugs though:
Lug Nut Seat Style Shank
Lug Nut Shank Length (in) 0.490-0.550 in.
Lug Nut Shank Diameter (in) 0.679-0.687 in

HTH

Do you know if 5/8" studs will work on these or do they have to be drilled out? they look great!

I would assume a 5/8" stud would work, the hole size through the rim accepts .679" to .687" lug nut shank. I can measure those for ya this evening if you need though.

Thanks
Some wheels that look good by themselves just don't seem to look right on these cars.
I have not seen another Buick with these wheels (haven't seen any car as far as that goes) and figured I would give them a try. First time I saw the wheels I liked them, they look simular to the Weld Magnum, but about half the price.

Forgot to add, front tire/wheel combo weighs 24 lbs, didn't weight the rears with the tire/tube, but the rear wheels are approximately 16 lbs each.

Here is another pic from a different angle:
16 lbs with tires or w/o tires

Umm, in post #1 you state "had to modify the rear calipers for clearance." But from the pictures it looks to me like you reduced the diameter of the discs. What am I missing Todd?

Umm, in post #1 you state "had to modify the rear calipers for clearance." But from the pictures it looks to me like you reduced the diameter of the discs. What am I missing Todd?

Went back and looked at the pics, I can see how it looks like the rotors were cut, but only the calipers were trimmed down to clear the wheels. No need to cut the rotors.
HTH

Todd,

With all the research you did finding some 15" wheels that would fit the LS1 brakes. What are the chances that the Billet Specialty Street Lite 15 inch will fit and clear the LS1 rear brakes?