New engine in - have an extra plug

turbojimmy

Supporting Member
Hi all,

I installed my new engine over the weekend (yeah, yeah, you can do it in 45 minutes....). Anyhow, I have an extra plug by the TB. Can't figure out where it might have gone. It's 2-pronged, black and yellow wires. Here's a pic:
http://www.turbojimmy.com/wtf_is_this.jpg

Where's it go?

TIA,
Jim

Hard to tell but looks like the coolant temp. sensor on the front of the intake. Not great with sensors and wires so someone will correct me.

Thanks for the replies.

O2 sensor is plugged in.

It's gotta be the coolant temp sensor. Just have to find it now. The one on the front of the intake, on the passenger side, is for the idiot light. And the one on top is for the fan. Both of those are accounted for (idiot light unhooked in favor of a gauge, the fan switch is plugged in) Where's the coolant temp sensor?

Thanks,
Jim

Yeah, that's what it was. It was painted the same color as the intake so I couldn't see it.

THANKS everyone.

Jim

I believe its on the front of the intake manifold, kinda points toward the front of the car. Good luck on the new motor!

hey

you shopuld have know :rolleyes: black and yellow on all gm cars is the collant sensor wires. thats as easy and black and red hot or cold LOL :p just messin but ya all gm are black and yellow for collant sensor

Originally posted by turbosam6
Good luck on the new motor!

Thanks! I can't wait to fire it up. I'm waiting on one adapter for the temp gauge. Stupid little piece of brass. I could run it without it, but then when it gets here I'd have to drain the coolant to install it.

Originally posted by Boost231
you shopuld have know black and yellow on all gm cars is the collant sensor wires. thats as easy and black and red hot or cold LOL just messin but ya all gm are black and yellow for collant sensor

Well NOW I know.....it had been a loooooong day. Once it was suggested it was the coolant temp sensor it was easy to see. But I must've stared at that thing for half an hour. Just couldn't figure it out. Next time, I'm pulling the trans with the motor. It was such a b*tch to get back in there with the trans in place. Wore me out.

Thanks,
Jim