new gas tank

carguy

I installed a new gas tank and now when I put gas in it, I have to slowly add it or it kicks the gas pump off. What could that be?

Hey mine does that it sprayed me. It just had new tank put in it I have to go real slow.

They all do it and it's a PIA. I actually got so irritated on winter I thought about having new necks built.

its a factory design flaw. Monte SS i had done the same freakin thing, crap goose neck design

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

glad to know there's nothing wrong with me then!!(at least not in filling up the gas tank anyway):D because does this as well.

pull it out & go with a fuel cell is my only advice, all the tanks have the same style neck far as i know!

It's just a balancing act to pull the pump back a little bit and lay it on the tag at an angle.

If I had a dime for every time I used that line.....

....well, I'd have a bunch of dimes
dreamalittledream.gif

Could be something to do with the vent line? Mine did the same thing when I installed a new tank, but since removing the charcoal canister it's fine.

Could be something to do with the vent line? Mine did the same thing when I installed a new tank, but since removing the charcoal canister it's fine.

where is the charcoal canister is that in frt of car ??

My old OEM tank never did this. But when I got a new Spectra tank I have the same problems too when filling the tank.

No charcoal cannister connected with either tanks. Just an open line vented into the atmosphere in the engine compartment.

I'm baffled just like everyone else.