new gas tank

Its there so gm can sell us parts for a part that looks important but really dont do shit imo

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

i recall it to be a filter for gas fumes...stupid EPA stuff... Guys at DMV inspection still look for it to be there though...that was before i antiqued it!

The fuel tank is a sealed system; i.e. pressurized cap w/ vapor canister - for as others have said - EPA regs.

The charcoal canister collects vapors from the fuel tank, and then - via vacuum (check valve at canister) - routes them through the intake manifold to be burned

My only caution about removing it completely - and I've heard urban legends about garage fires - is - those vapors need to have someplace to go.
So, personally - I don't see a problem - and out of abundance of caution - with keeping the canister - even though it tends to be in the way of the cold air intake.

Maybe someone else has better details of what they do for a canister delete.

I just insert the nozzle all the way,then turn it 1/8th turn counter clockwise. My tank is orig.

Maybe the filler neck doesn't project into the aftermarket tanks. Instead,it is welded onto the tank? There is a lip there creating a restriction??

One thing I heard about the aftermarket tanks is: Make sure it has the proper baffling system. Saving $$ on an inferior tank might not be such a good idea if your pump becomes starved.

The fuel tank is a sealed system; i.e. pressurized cap w/ vapor canister - for as others have said - EPA regs.

The charcoal canister collects vapors from the fuel tank, and then - via vacuum (check valve at canister) - routes them through the intake manifold to be burned

My only caution about removing it completely - and I've heard urban legends about garage fires - is - those vapors need to have

someplace to go.

So, personally - I don't see a problem - and out of abundance of caution - with keeping the canister - even though it tends to be in the way of the cold air intake.

Maybe someone else has better details of what they do for a canister delete.

Would not have thought about fire, for that I thank you