new logger and need help

turboChrisaj said:
How do I turn the timing back to 18?

Well you probably can't if the chip isn't adjustable. Since you don't have a wideband then it doesn't matter what that is set on.
You could pull the chip out and look at the bottom to see if there are any markings there.

Yeah they r stock 28 lb injectors and I did what the logger papers said to hook up the wire to the map but maybe there's a mess up some where I will look at it. Should I go with the 6.1 cause I was looking at the 5.7 deal that he has for chip and injector package? Oh and it's analog dash

turboChrisaj said:
Yeah they r stock 28 lb injectors and I did what the logger papers said to hook up the wire to the map but maybe there's a mess up some where I will look at it. Should I go with the 6.1 cause I was looking at the 5.7 deal that he has for chip and injector package? Oh and it's analog dash

The 6.1 has wideband tracking at wot. The 5.7 will get get the job done though.

Check to see what kind of voltage you have at the wires at the map and make sure the black has a good ground. I spliced an extra wire into the map ground and ran it to the fender well near the battery. The green wire gets tapped into behind the dash and then connected to the powerlogger analog board. I have the instructions printed somewhere. Key on, engine off you should have 5.0 volts at the green wire on the analog board.

Ok I will pull the chip out and look to see If I can find anything on it. But I just want to get the right stuff and not buy thing I don't need. I will be pulling the motor the end of the year for a complete rebuild but I just want a good tune and not hurt the motor at all this summer and be safe and have fun at the same time lol lol

I've been dealing with a car similar to yours and having to do the same things. Don't let it knock. The Turbotweak chip for this car is on the way now!!

I ran my wires right from the map to the logger cause I already had a hole there cause he put a amp in the car so I just used that hole and cleaned it all up and u don't see any of the wires and u can't tell. I will see if he will do the deal with the 6.1 instead so I have more ways to dial it in

turboChrisaj said:
I ran my wires right from the map to the logger cause I already had a hole there cause he put a amp in the car so I just used that hole and cleaned it all up and u don't see any of the wires and u can't tell. I will see if he will do the deal with the 6.1 instead so I have more ways to dial it in

But does the map have power to it? 12 volts in and 5 volts out on the green. Check that first.
Did you ground the map on the analog block? Not supposed to.

Yes I thing I did use the ground to power logger I will have to look tomorrow and see how I did it but I will Change it and make it right. Is that's the best wideband to get and where Is the best place to get it and do I need a instill kit cause it needs to be wielded in the down pipe? So those will be the next three things on my list. Should I get a 3 bar map to cause I have read they only go to 15-16 lbs of boost? I don't plan on going any more then that cause I only on 91 for the summer and next year I will add alky with the fresh motor.

I like the AEM wideband gauge kit. There are several that are really good though. I mount the gauge on the A pillar above my boost gauge. They are easy to install, look nice and the sensors don't need calibrating all the time. Replacement sensor can be bought locally at most auto parts stores too. It comes with everything to install in down pipe. I bought mine from Turbotweak but he stopped selling them. Check the vendors on the board or get it from summit racing.

I ordered a tt chip and 60 lbs injectors so I hope the will help it out and get it to run good. I oredered it all throw full throttle middle of the week so I hope to get in by the end of the month. Can't wait to try it after the new chip. I got a chance to get a 5857 billet wheel turbo with 3000 miles on it for cheap money but was not sure if I should stay with stock turbo or pick this one up and run that instead?

After I put the injectors in and the chip it was runing ok but was running lean so I add 5% at idle to get it more in to sweat spot but still only 10 psi of boost but pulled a lot better when I added the 5% but this is th log and i got the map hooked up the way u said but still nothing on the power logger.

Attachments

• LogFile.dat
    791.6 KB · Views: 121
turboChrisaj said:
I ordered a tt chip and 60 lbs injectors so I hope the will help it out and get it to run good. I oredered it all throw full throttle middle of the week so I hope to get in by the end of the month. Can't wait to try it after the new chip. I got a chance to get a 5857 billet wheel turbo with 3000 miles on it for cheap money but was not sure if I should stay with stock turbo or pick this one up and run that instead?