New NEW Header Thread - Prototypes DONE!!

More to come

Attachments

• dyno.jpg
    dyno.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 1,006
Yea.. its pretty conservative.. 11.3ish A/F. Im happy with it but I do feel like this headers are going to be more beneficial to the TSM guys that have better flowing heads. These are just some ported irons on this motor.

Was there any other changes made in the 7 runs in between testing?
Also,was it the way the test was done or was the spoolup slower with the headers?

No.. the spoolup is slower. Probably a little more converter and it wouldnt be so bad but that car is marginal with the converter vs turbo size anyway.

Essentially we had a problem with the car after the header installation that was my fault. I didnt get one of the plug wire boots snapped back all the way so we made a couple of pulls and lost 15 horsepower and were scratching our heads. After finding that, we made another pull with everything correct and saw our boost level had changed from our baseline. So, the run you see is with the boost level adjusted back to where the stock header pull was made.

I do think these things are going to shine the most on aluminum headed sub 10.50 cars. I think this car is borderline to where the benefits start to show up. This is a stock cubic inch motor, stock compression with nothing special ported irons on it.

It made more boost with the new headers?
I would think that means they flow better with less back pressure
which is a good thing

They made less boost (About 2#) however the downpipe and wastegate, etc all came off so I cant say that the boost went down because of the headers or a mechanical alignment deal.. made me wish I had an external gate on the car.

22hp at the wheels with the same boost. Sign me up so I can get rid of these chink headers!

Although I understand your intent, your post could be offensive to our
members of Chinese heritage...

Sorry. W.O.P.'s like me tend to not be politically correct. I meant no offense!

LOL I am sure you didn't.
I should have sent you a PM anyway, but I am tired and did not think of it. =)

Cheers!

They are done...

We have just not found the right manufactur... If anybody wants a set now we can build them quickly. Just alot more money...

Also looking to do a little more testing on our TSM car!

They are done...

We have just not found the right manufactur... If anybody wants a set now we can build them quickly. Just alot more money...

Also looking to do a little more testing on our TSM car!

send me a pair, and ill try em out for ya on my street car.. I also have access to Dynojet dyno... " its down the street from my house"

RE: Headers

Every once in a while and I've been here for a lot of it.
Someone stakes a stand ,and goes for it.

I'm not one to embelish someone with words.
But this is one great job.....You guys should be proud because of the results.

Had to put my thought on this. I am really impressed.....Just one person.
With a degree in art...... Power and beauty... Rob....Scupture Man.

They are really beautiful....my input.

how much money

I see you found a manufacture.. How much is a lot of money... I'm starting to collect some go fast parts this winter

What was the reasoning for running the cross over in front of the motor?

Sorry if this has been addressed...

What was the reasoning for running the cross over in front of the motor?

Sorry if this has been addressed...

Because with the size of the primarys we used, unless you use a log style header on the passenger side, you'll never fit a downpipe through.