New Track Times!!

grey1

SMOKE 'EM
I'm a happy camper. 22lbs w/NO Knock. 93 oct. w/ alky.
60ft 1.64
ET 12.37
mph 111.
I know I can turn the boost higher, but I wanted to see what 22lbs would do. My o2's were 832-855 in first and second gear and dropped to 785-790 in third. I thought my car performed extremely well, considering many cars were breaking down running mid- 12's. rear-ends, rods and pistons laying on the track.
:cool: Finally got a mean street maching. Thanks to all the help from this board. I would be lost without it. Dave

Nice job. You're on your way into the 11's. Keep tuning on it. Your combo with alchy can get you there.

How much is too much for this combo?(boost) If I'm at 42lbs line off now, how much more boost can I give this? I'm @ 22lbs boost now. (0 Knock) It's got a Lubrant 100+ @23deg. in it. Do I turn up the f.p. 1 lb. , then increase boost til I see retard? Do I run 100 unleaded for safety measure? I would like the correct way of tuning explained to me before I replace these head gaskets again. I have T.L. Oh,also running denatured alky. Thanks, Dave

The TurboLink manual has some good tuning info in it:

http://www.turbo-link.com/tlink/upgrades.html

http://www.turbo-link.com/tlink/upgradedir/v21userm.zip

Keep the 93 octane and alchy kit on cause that's how you will drive it mostly. You'll have to play with fuel pressure, boost levels, and alchy spray amounts. That turbo will like 24-26 psi boost. Shoot for ~800 mv O2's WOT and 1-2 degrees retard max with mostly zero through run. It's not necessarily add 1 psi fuel for each 1 psi boost. Depends if it needs fuel or not. If it's obviously lean then up it until it's not or obviously fat then adding boost can lean it out some until you get. If there is zero knock you can either leave it there or start pushing the boost more until you tickle the knock sensor and keep it 1-2 degrees or less retard max. If you get some retard but not pushing excessive boost levels then try upping the alchy spray. If there's no knock and its feels sluggish or like its flooding out try turning down the alchy spray a little bit. Just take your time and up it slowly until you feel comfortable with the results and your motor is safely tuned.

yeah man you can run mid 11's with that turbo...keep tuning and you'll have a 11 second street car in no time :) i will be there shortly myself:D