Noble event

TKGN1

Whats the date for the Noble event?
Any info about it, hotels, schedule, ect?
Looking to go possibly this year (said that a few times in the past few years!)
Thanks Todd

I'm going to train up with PaCemkr86 for the event if he makes it. I have to NHRA proof the brick first.

I have already taken vacation :D for this, see you up there Todd

Uh-Oh, I get get to watch you kick my butt again?!?! J/K

NHRA rules applied :mad: no cage in the street car.
Is it 11.5 for cage requirement? I'm screwed on that one!

You think they will not let those running in the low 11s high 10s run without a cage?
Hate to make a trip and not be able to make a full pass.
I know I need a cage for safety, but its a pure street car, don't really want to put a cage in.

I need to make hotel reservations soon. I know there are a few guys from Kansas City and Columbia planning on attending.

You think they will not let those running in the low 11s high 10s run without a cage?
Hate to make a trip and not be able to make a full pass.
I know I need a cage for safety, but its a pure street car, don't really want to put a cage in.

Your not going to need a cage unless your in the 9's! Your good to go.

Cool!, Unless a fairy farts some magic dust on the car its not gonna see 9s ;)
Hell, I'll be happy to just beat my old times!!!

This is from the NHRA website.

When do I need a roll bar or roll cage, and what should it look like?
A roll bar is required in any convertible running 13.49 seconds or quicker in the quarter mile, and in other cars beginning at 11.49. The roll bar is accepted in vehicles running as quick as 10.00 second e.t., provided the stock firewall and floorboard is intact, other than for installation of wheel tubs. The rollbar must be constructed of minimum 1 ¾ inch o.d. x .118 inch wall mild steel tubing, or 1 ¾ x .083 chrome moly tubing.

If the floor and/or firewall has been modified, then a full roll cage is required beginning at a 10.99 e.t. A full roll cage is required in any vehicle running 9.99 seconds or quicker, and any vehicle running 135 mph or faster (regardless of e.t.). The roll cage must be constructed of minimum 1 5/8 o.d.x .118 mild steel tubing, or 1 5/8 x .083 chrome moly tubing.

Roll Bar

This is from the NHRA website.

When do I need a roll bar or roll cage, and what should it look like?
A roll bar is required in any convertible running 13.49 seconds or quicker in the quarter mile, and in other cars beginning at 11.49. The roll bar is accepted in vehicles running as quick as 10.00 second e.t., provided the stock firewall and floorboard is intact, other than for installation of wheel tubs. The rollbar must be constructed of minimum 1 ¾ inch o.d. x .118 inch wall mild steel tubing, or 1 ¾ x .083 chrome moly tubing.

If the floor and/or firewall has been modified, then a full roll cage is required beginning at a 10.99 e.t. A full roll cage is required in any vehicle running 9.99 seconds or quicker, and any vehicle running 135 mph or faster (regardless of e.t.). The roll cage must be constructed of minimum 1 5/8 o.d.x .118 mild steel tubing, or 1 5/8 x .083 chrome moly tubing.

That's what I thought. My roll bar has been good enough at Noble for the last 5 years. Hope they don't change it :mad:

I am knocking on your door Mike. Just had the trans done. All billet and a brake. Just had the passenger header rewelded and can hopefully get a false knock issue corrected. I am hoping its not the new valvetrain. It is a bit noisy. My best times have all been at Noble. Hopefully, I can get her in the 10s.

Zac