Noble event

ill be there.... hopefully they don't enforce the rollbar rule or im gonna be launching off vacuum running 11.5s at 125 lol

travel arrangements

Just to let you guys know that Lonnie Diers from Extreme Automatics in Cincinnatti OH will be attending the Buick/Ford event to peck out a few key strokes of tuning.

You think they will not let those running in the low 11s high 10s run without a cage?
Hate to make a trip and not be able to make a full pass.
I know I need a cage for safety, but its a pure street car, don't really want to put a cage in.

For running high 10s
you do not need a CAGE.

However according to NHRA you do need a ROLL BAR.
You say you are stock so I took your post as though you have no roll bar. ??

With that said, it is always "iffy" whether Noble will crack down on the rules.
I know a few Buicks that ran high 10s in the past at the Noble Buick/Ford shootout without a roll bar. They may warn you in a time trial, and if so, slow it down untill your elimination run. I have never seen them disqualify anyone for running without the roll bar at the Event.

By the way, according to the FORD camp, when you are running time trials (Qualifications), it apparently is "proper" to run a little slower than your elimination run. :rolleyes:

Thanks, not sure if I'll be in the 10s anyhow. I plan on hitting the track before the Noble event anyhow to tune with the FAST ect., but I'll be happy just to better my previous times.
No roll bar/cage as of now, I guess I could just sand bag a little if I do run 10s.
Thanks for the heads up.

I gotta get my front end redone before the event....on another note....

I put a nice brand new set of MT Sportsman Pro's on the ol' Champs the other day. Went out to my little test area and pulled the front wheel off the ground! It spooked my buddy because he wasn't expecting it....neither was I. Launched at 15 psi and it was painfull. So hooking shouldn't be an issue, just ET!:eek:

Can't wait to meet some of the TB members.

Dan

Cool!, Unless a fairy farts some magic dust on the car its not gonna see 9s ;)

Now that's the best QUOTE I've seen in a long time almost made coffie come out my nose.

Thanks

I might try to make back this year, I have missed the last three years and made the three before that, I need to finish the new motor may still come even if I don't get the car running so my new born son can see some great cars.

Can't wait to meet some of the TB members.
Dan

This is something I have often though about at events. Most of us only know one another by our TB screen names. When we get to the event all of the cars look alike :rolleyes: And when there are over a 100 cars, it can be hard to find everyone, almost impossible. Everyone is trying to get there car ready etc etc etc. and go racing.

For Noble I will be putting my screen name "FAST86GN" on my rear glass, so you'll know it's me. :D I hope everyone else would do the same?

pace86.jpg

this is my lic plate...

"note the time this pic was taken, was when i had a mustang" But its on the Buick now..

This is something I have often though about at events. Most of us only know one another by our TB screen names. When we get to the event all of the cars look alike :rolleyes: And when there are over a 100 cars, it can be hard to find everyone, almost impossible. Everyone is trying to get there car ready etc etc etc. and go racing.

For Noble I will be putting my screen name "FAST86GN" on my rear glass, so you'll know it's me. :D I hope everyone else would do the same?

My back window will read as follows:

"If you can read this, your car is almost as fast as you think it is.":D

-or-
"Congratulations, you almost caught a 20 year old car."

I missed last year.We are going to be there this year if everything goes as planned!

Hey bro,

This is Rob from Houston. Hope all is well with you. i will definitely be going to Noble. Maybe we can caravan up there together. Lets keep in touch.

Take care,
Rob

Hope to be there

I will be on vacation during that time, but hope to swing by on Sat. Good luck to all and lets kick some mustang ass.

Raul