Noble Roll Call

I think I found the problem.

About a month ago I replaced the original timing chain with a Cloyes 3 piece replacement. The car ran great for about two weeks after the change. I decided to drop the oil pan and did not find any metal/material. Dropped the front cover and everything looked ok. However, the two bolts that hold the cam gear were not tight. One of them was not even finger tight. I had a helper and maybe he or I forgot to snug them down. I am pretty sure this is what has been causing the knock.

I will put everything back tomorrow and will let you know how it goes.

Zac

Loose cam gear bolts was the problem. Just ran 26 pounds on 93 octane/alky and the most KR I saw was .5 degrees.

I will be trailering the GN up to Noble. Any Austin Buicks going?

Zac

For those of you coming from Texas to Noble you can get 112 race gas at the Phillps 66 gas station on Sheridan and Cache Road in Lawton for about $5.00 a gallon........I recently bought 8 gallons for $40.00..........

i should be able to go...but i dont think i'll be taking the buick because i too am getting some knock issues. as i roll into it it pulls hard until it gets in the upper boost ranges (12+) and then falls on its face and cuts out and sounds really bad. ive seen as much as 12 degrees kr with o2s between 830-890(maybe just overfueled?). :( .sure would suck to drive the car al the way up there and not be able to get it to run right. maybe next year.

-jeff

I hate to say guys that I won't be able to make it this year to Noble. With everything that's has been going on in my life the last month it's just not good timing. I just haven't had time to get the car ready. I've made this trip the last 4 years and had a great time every year. Please make me proud and bring home another Buick win.

Good Luck.

Sorry to hear the news Chris. I do understand how plans can go astray and out of our control.

Good Luck

Chris,
Was really looking forward to seeing the MC Dades in Noble,
What should I do with the 10 gal. of C-16 I have for you ? Sell it to the Ford Guys?
Tell your Dad if he would like to join us we have plenty of room and would love to have him come and give us a hard time. Won't be the same without you guys! If there is any thing we can do to help you out please let me know !
EJ.

Originally posted by Woody
For those of you coming from Texas to Noble you can get 112 race gas at the Phillps 66 gas station on Sheridan and Cache Road in Lawton for about $5.00 a gallon........I recently bought 8 gallons for $40.00..........

Where is Lawton located? Coming from Dallas, staying in Purcell.

Originally posted by Chris McDade
I hate to say guys that I won't be able to make it this year to Noble. With everything that's has been going on in my life the last month it's just not good timing. I just haven't had time to get the car ready. I've made this trip the last 4 years and had a great time every year. Please make me proud and bring home another Buick win.

Good Luck.

Chris,
Sorry your not gonna make it to Nobel. If you want, ya'll come out to HRP fo the CLASH OF TEH TITANS WORLD FINALS and enjoy some Pro Outlaw Racing. You can hang out with us. (I'll even put you to work:D ) Hope to C-ya out there.

Originally posted by ej howe

What should I do with the 10 gal. of C-16 I have for you ? Sell it to the Ford Guys?
EJ.

EJ,

I'll take at leat 5 gallons, will pick it up at the track.

EJ ill take 5 gallons of 116 as well if you still have it. I'd like to pick it up at the track or at the motel if thats alright.

glad i called and check my reservations, cause they had no record of them. i would advice eveyone to do the same.