north florida cookout

Some of us are going to GNV next Saturday the 18th. That is the first day time test and tune. Starts at 10:00 AM. It will probably be very crowded however, so I don't expect to get in many runs.
I will bring drinks to the cookout. Tea,coke etc. Glenn

very sorry to all i no longer have internet access all the time. i will take care of sodas and some other drinks. kendall if you could bring your grill that would be great. casey, the cookout starts at 3 but you are more than welcome to come later. travis i would be more than happy to let you drink at my house-no prob there. i think i covered it all ummmm if someone wants to pick up some baked beans that would be pretty good too. its up to you all. oh when you get there if you park at the parking lot at the beach (right by my house) please back in and be prepared for pictures. alright than see you all sat. if needed call me before 1:30 pm friday or anytime sat. 7106225. see ya there!!!

I'll bring the bakes beans. I don't work this saturday. I'll be at your place for sure this saturday. I work next saturday but I want to get that off if there is going to be a caravan of TR's out to gainesville. I don't really know how to get there and would rather follow someone. I've been wanting to run the 1/4 mile ever since last year???? when the computers were down?? Or was it the year before?

Hmmmm, sounds like it's time to shake the dust off the GN and take a little drive. Need to put a few miles on her anyway......it's still acting semi-braindead...:rolleyes: now that I have the exhaust leak fixed. Do you need anything else for the cookout? Hopefully I'll also be able to make it to G'ville next weekend. Maybe she'll finally run halfway decent but not holding my breath.

we could really use some charcoal i guess? i dont know what kinda grill kendall is bringing so you might wanna check that out with him?

Originally posted by gnturbo
will a ducane grille fit in the trunk of a gn?
Nothing a few bungee cords and some duct tape won't handle.

Unless someone suggests otherwise, I'll bring some tortilla chips, salsa and cheese, etc.... It looks like burgers are already taken? ??

We don't need no grill. All we have to do is take off the turbo shield, wrap the meat up in tin foil, place it on top of the exhaust housing, reinstall the shield and go mustang hunting for about 20 minutes or so and voila' cooked meat for us to eat and horse meat at the same time. :D Hey Shaun, is there a trophy for the longest burnout on your lawn or street already made up?? :D Anyone have any yard darts from waaay back when they made them? We also need to have a test and tune session if someone wants to supply a laptop and TL so we can all get our cars tuned properly. HAHA
Casey

Originally posted by Addicted2boost
We also need to have a test and tune session if someone wants to supply a laptop and TL so we can all get our cars tuned properly. HAHA
Casey

Yeah, and I'll bring the turtle wax for you.
Anyone have an extra windshield trim piece?

You deserved it, smart ass. :D

honestly-im game for whatever. just as long as the cops dont care. they have been to my house before and they are usually very understanding. ill make an offer to them for us to rid them of all the "import tuner" street trash if we can just have alittle fun. no really though we can come up with a lil somethin somethin for longest and best burnout etc. well just have to see what happens!

:(
i was holding off on posting until i knew for sure....but i cant come...i have to go to orlando to hang out with the misses friends this weekend...i even gave her the GN sob story...fat chance on that since i have been picking her wallet for car money the past few weeks....i am so sorry fellas...this sounds like its gonna be a great time!!!!

maybe after i finish up qualifying in the next few weeks, we can do it again at my house....i am sure i can swing that with katie...

later guys...have a good time

dan

me too,I got some body to cover for me at the station from 2-8pm so I am good for the cookout and the cruise in.What can I bring?

How about you 2 last minute guys bring about 40 gallons of VP C16. 8 cars X 5 gallons each = fun :D Actually Scotty, I just got the windshield molding in yesterday. }8v) But thanks for offering anyways. Famous quote "This hunk of junk is the fastest in the galaxy" Thus, Millenium Falken :D See all you slow pokes there. :cool:

I'm going to be late..and I'm bringing the GS so no grill. I hope Shaun has a grill or you're all eating raw hamburger! :)

Sorry I didn't make it down guys, but woke up feeling like total crap this morning...didn't start feeling better til later on in the afternoon, and still not feeling 100%. Hope ya'll had fun and hope to see you at G'ville next weekend. :D

The ANTI-cookout..

We had a good time, despite things being a little, errr, underorganized...lol. After we borrowed the neighbor's grille, went to the store for buns and paper plates, and got things fired up, we had a fine cookout! :D Here's some fine photography for your viewing pleasure:

Danny's not falling down drunk; he's on a hill. Really.

A few Buicks; don't you Northerners wish you were in FL?

Casey kicking the tires on a prospective purchase...

Now this one's sort of hard to make out, but this is
Glenn learning why you don't do burnouts with a cop on the next block.

They let him off with a seatbelt ticket. :cool:

Oh...and Lonnie, we'd fall down if you actually MADE it to one of these events. :D

You guys are a bad influence. But, I am guilty as charged. Just glad I only had a seatbelt violation. One thing I guess I don't understand is that doing a burnout without the car actually moving doesn't seem like it should be against any law that I am aware of. I have learned over the years never to argue though. Just a thought. I still had a good time and appreciate Shaun hosting the event. Glenn

LOL...If I woulda felt worth a dam this afternoon, I woulda been there. It's hard to argue with a nasty-feeling stomach, especially first thing in the morning. Hell, if I had felt halfway decent by lunchtime or so, I woulda made it down. Glad to see ya'll had fun (other than Glenn..lol)....:D