north florida cookout

Thanks for hosting the event Shaun. Maybe next time I'll actually bring the Buick. :)

Hmmm, what's this about a caravan to G'ville? If there's gonna be one, tell me when and where to meet. I think I'm actually gonna just drive the car down and just run it on pump gas/DR's...Don't have the $ for a tank full of race gas, plus need to do some street trim tuning as well. I know, me actually drive my car...it's a miracle...LOL. :D

I am planning on going to Gainesville on Sat. I think the track opens at 10:00. Would like to leave Orange Park area no later than 8:30. I don't want to wait for a bunch of f body cars and be late like we did last year. If anybody has a place they want to meet, let me know.

hey thanks to all who showed up. next time well be a little more orghanized but i had fun at least. about this caravan.... is that 830 am or pm? let me know all the details!!! count me in! (car-less of coarse!)

Caravan to Gainesville.

Passing Glenn's email to those who may not be CC'd:
Kmart on Blanding at 8:15 AM Saturday, Jan 18.
I'll be there.

On the other hand, I've got half a mind to wait, call the track, and make sure the timing lights are working. :eek: j/k

I may come; not sure yet as I have to figure out my schedule as the gymnastics competition bus (Suburban?) driver.

Kendall, let's put that S2 twin turbo in your suburban. That would be AWESOME!!!!! 10 sec or faster Burban would be bitchin!!!! Especially at Gainesville.

Originally posted by Addicted2boost
Kendall, let's put that S2 twin turbo in your suburban. That would be AWESOME!!!!! 10 sec or faster Burban would be bitchin!!!! Especially at Gainesville.

I think a nice mild Vortec headed 383 w/twins would be better for the Burb... :cool:

Yes, we are talking about the Kingsley Kmart. Hope to see a bunch of cars there. By the way, the Sat. night cruise in is the same location. Glenn

See ya'll there in the morning. Only thing is it's gonna be cold as a witch's tit in a brass bra tomorrow morning. Good weather for turbo Buicks, bad weather for the drivers...LOL.

Originally posted by Slo86GN
See ya'll there in the morning. Only thing is it's gonna be cold as a witch's tit in a brass bra tomorrow morning. Good weather for turbo Buicks, bad weather for the drivers...LOL.

....doing push-ups in the snow.

Bad weather for street tires, dammit.

Heheheh...That's why the DR's will be in the trunk..;) I figured out a long time ago that this car is no fun at the track on reg ol radial tires...:eek:

Made it to Gainesville today, mine was the dirty one( I live on a dirt rode). Ran the best time ever with it on alcky even though it was busting up some. Think I have a bad ecm.

I also ran my fastest time today at Gainesville. But, I blew a head
gasket big time on that run about 100 ft from the finish. Guess I've been lucky. First time I have blown one in 16 years owning a turbo Buick.
Glenn West, 11.23 @ 121mph

Glenn, congrats on a great run! Sorry to hear you lost a HG. I know how it feels. :) I have a spare set of the 9441s sitting here if you want them..though you might want to try the new trick Cometic gaskets. Did somebody have a trailer to get you home OK? Let me know if I can help...

Thanks Kendall: Yes, Ken McClendon came to the track with his trailor and brought me and the car back to my house. It seems to be at least a clean problem. No water in oil or any water leakage.
Sounds like a spark plug is out. i may get with you on those gaskets. I'm not sure at this time what I'm going to do. Thanks again for the offer of help. Glenn

I would say other that Glenn's misfortune and the arctic-like temps, it turned out to be a pretty good day. Can't complain about running mid 12's (12.57 best) @ 113-114 mph on pump gas, 18# boost, and DR's. Dang header to x-over was leaking...again... :rolleyes: ....Guess maybe I should have put the ATR header back on last night after all. Made for some REALLY crappy spool-up at the line, but once under boost...:D. Look forward to doing that again sometime in the future.

Oh yeah Kendall....I DROVE my car to OP, then to G'ville, then back home again. :p :p No trailer queen this time...lol.