OK Guys...quit playing around...PT61 and be done with it!

How far can the pt61 P trim take you? I know that PTE isn't doing the P trim on the 61 anymore, so how much more power does it make over the pt61 with the 52 wheel?

you know I really hate to say this...but us Buick guys get turbos CHEAP as they come compared to say the import guys or the standard T3/T4 guys...we sell our Buick PT series turbos for only $675 compared to the other turbos which cost $825 and it's only an exhaust housing change...so we really can't offer any lower pricing on these turbos...they are cheap to begin with!

as far as the P-trim thing goes...we found that the 52 wheel spools much better with the 61mm compressor wheel and makes almost the same amount of power on a Buick...if you want to go P-trim then you might as well do the 67mm compressor wheel

Cheap!!

That's what is so special about mods we do to go quicker and faster. Not like we gotta spend $3000 for a supercharger. Looks like theres a few who would purchase asap with a little help.

Originally posted by d0n_3d
hey it's your motor...you can run 42's all you want...they are only good for just 510 FLYWHEEL horsepower (and that is at 100% duty cycle)...the 61 is capable of 650 flywheel horsepower

I don't think I would be very comfortable running those injectors with that turbo...so actually I don't think it's misinformation...YES you WILL lean out if you turn it up...now this does not apply if you are running a 7th injector setup or alcohol injection because those give you a little bit added fuel...but honestly if you plan on running the car hard...I would strongly suggest the 50's or 65's...why would you want to try and save maybe 100 bucks on injectors when you might end up blowing up the car and costing you 10x that amount or more??? choice is yours!

Yore right,it is my car:)My car will no sooner lean out with 009's at 25 psi as yours will with 60's at 25psi.WBO2 doesnt lie to me.Dont know what the DC% is but when my DS gets here,ill tell ya.

Youre not speaking from experience,hence you re spreading disinformation.

People say your shimmed 307 is no good but you havent melted your pistons yet have you??Id think youd know better.

I just used the 009's cause I had them laying around,if I had to buy new,of course I would go with the 60's.When I put a bigger turbo on,ill upgrade to 60's.Till then,im very happy with my 009/TA61/PAC alky kit combo and so are several others.:cool:

Well so much for $675.00 cost on for the PT61, I talked to someone at PTE and total cost of the turbo including new actuator,52 Wheel trim and the GT35R compressor housing Totals $867.00 and thats not including porting the hole for the puck, you will have to do that yourself.. the wheel trimm for the $675 turbo is the 56 with a smaller compressor housing with a 3' inlet and 2' outlet, compared to the massive 4' inlet and 2.5' outlet on the GT35R housing for the more expensive turbo, please post all these details before getting all of us turbo happy thinking we were going to get the works and pay only $675.00. ;)

Do you really need a 4" inlet??

I have the $675 version...I would like to know what you get for your extra $200...Is the extra worth it...I like mine, and I figure "if" I max it out I can upgrade it.

RE: initial post: i though it meant it included the 4 inch inlet and the 2.5 exaust but it did not, what you got is the smaller compressor housing not the really big one, and you also got the 56 exaust wheel not the 52 which is what is advertise in the original post, i like to get what is advertise and not find out later that i need to get some upgrades to get the real deal.. just my 02's buyer beware.. :)

Originally posted by Slow91z
Do you really need a 4" inlet??

I have the $675 version...I would like to know what you get for your extra $200...Is the extra worth it...I like mine, and I figure "if" I max it out I can upgrade it.

I understand...I would like to know what how much difference there is between the 2 versions performance wise.

me too, as far as i know or understood it the difference is better charge with the new GT35R compressor wheel which is the one with 4 inch inlet and 2.5 inch exaust, the difference is about 30hp and probably same amount of torque.. for that you pay and Xtra $100.00, you also need a new style actuator to fit this turbo ad an Xtra 79.00 to that plus shipping you end up with over $800.00 worth of cost..

Originally posted by Slow91z
I understand...I would like to know what how much difference there is between the 2 versions performance wise.

That's good info...If I max out "my" 61 and I'm just shy of my goal that might be just the kick in the pants I'll need.

What about the 56, and 52 wheels...Did the person say whether or not it would make a big difference??

Or can you just go P trim when you decide you're out of turbo??

52 wheel makes for faster spool, i would assume the bigger the wheel the more charge on the top end but you will loose on spool phase, as he mentioned there are not many GN's out there running above 130mph on the big top end., GN's like to go from a dig and that is where you need your most power, the Smaller wheel will give tones of power on bottom end and then some on top end...

So, what's the deal?
Now I am confused. How many configurations of wheels and sizes does this thing come in? AND HOW MUCH?
I'm going to buy a new turbo. I need the correct information please. On pte site, the pt61 is rated at 630 hp. What or how :confused: :confused:

comes in 2 configurations, the one that is $675.00 with no actuator 3" inlet, 2" outlet and 56 wheel Trimm., and the real expensive one with the 52 wheel Trimm and the GT35R compressor housing that has the 4 inch inlet and 2.5 inch oulet including actuator, total $867.00

Ok, forgive me for my newbie questions. 1: Will this turbo bolt onto an 85 setup with custom intercooler setup. 2: How would this turbo act with a stock converter?

Stock converter you will not be happy with.

I have a restalled D5 and it ain't even close.

I know nothing about Hot Air's so I'll leave that one up to someone else.

One vendor has stepped up with some sweet turbo deals. Take a look at the advertisers specials section.