Operation: Trackday

Epoxy primer..
epoxy supplies.jpg
epoxy frame.jpg

I was only able to top-coat the front part of the frame because I still need to do a lot of metal work on the back half. I wanted to get the front half ready to have the new front suspension/brakes assembled before I order my rear. This way I can measure my front track width and take that into account when I determine my rear track width.
black frame.jpg

NICE WORK. Wish I had half your skills.

Thanks guys. ..and yes, the room definitely helps! When I first bought my GN I had a one car garage and I remember installing my intercooler while laying under the car and my feet proped up on the garage wall. Luckily I have more room now.

Spent most of today bolting the engine back in the frame and installing my front suspension and brakes. Here's a comparo of the new SPC upper and lower control arms next to the stockers.
New control arms.jpg

New ATS spindles (based off the C5 corvette) and front 16-way single adjustable Varishocks. I removed the stock corvette wheel studs and pressed in longer ARP studs. You can see the black anodized bracket installed for the radial mount Wilwood brakes.
New spindle Varishock.jpg
New spindle rear.jpg

Wilwood fronts compared to stock. The Wilwoods have a 14.25" two piece rotor with 6-piston calipers.
Brakes vs old.JPG
Safety wired brakes.jpg

I re-used my Eibach springs that i've had for 10 years. I'll see how it sits and rides with these springs for the time being. I always thought they seemed a little soft but I'll have waaay better shocks now so hopefully it wont be an issue.
full suspension rear.jpg
new suspension front.jpg

nice brakes:)
My first time on a road course I was getting brake fade in my Z06 with Baer rotors and Hawk pads. I remember once or twice thinking if it wasnt for down-shifting I wouldnt make the turn at the end of the straight. Since the GN is an automatic I wanted plenty of brake. I cant wait to use these things.
BIG brake instagram.jpg

I was trying to avoid spending the extra $$ on motor mounts but when I was putting my motor back in I realized my stock driver side mount was already ripped. I went with the HRparts motor mounts hoping I never have to worry about them again. They are expensive but definitely the nicest motor mounts I've ever had.
HR parts.jpg

Very nice work and attention to detail! That car is going to be beautiful.....

I have gotten a few questions about Vintage Air heater I used so I figured i'd post a little more info on it. It is a Vintage Air "GenII heater/defrost" kit for universal application (part# 506101). I got it from Summit for $230. It fits easily behind the dash of a GN and comes with tubing to route to the defrost ducts in the dash. You can have heat on your toes and heat your windshield. The hardest part was taking the stock heater box out. After that, you just need an A/C delete plate for the firewall and mount the new Vintage Air heater behind it. The only bad part is the blower fan makes more noise because its on the inside of the car but it hasnt really bean a big deal.
Heater 506101.jpg
Heater 2.jpg
Heater 2.jpgHeater 506101.jpg

shocked.gif

Gotta say you are doing one hell of a job. Now I definitely found a set of rims that I really like and make the car stand out and not look like all the other vintage old muscle car with Torq Thrust II's. Those Simmons are ones I'm getting.

*Applause*