Operation: Trackday

The mods need to put only 18+ are allowed to this page. I would so love to ride in it when you are done!!! Thing will be like the black hulk on the road. Instead of getting angry, just more boost. Those tires look menacing.

I spent a full day building new lower control arm mount for the frame. Again, I just went off the stock design and just tried to beef them up a bit.
LCA mount hand.jpg
LCA all 4.jpg

I made them with a little access hole in the bottom to fit a wrench. This way I dont have to drill through the side of the frame and use long extensions like the factory did.
LCA wrench.jpg

Good question. I've been wondering the same thing. I think im at a draw as far as weight goes. I have weighed most of my new parts, some are heavier, some are lighter. Even those control arm brackets i just made looked heavy, but i weighed myself holding those brackets vs the stock ones i cut off and it wasnt enough difference to show on a digital bathroom scale.

Holy Lord, that's a bad asssssssss build! I am in absolute love with your car, gnon18s. You have amazing skills and are building a KILLER car!

Thank ya! The GT500 is gone and a 2013 BOSS 302 is in its current place. But the GN is still here! :D
Last time I did a track day in my C5Z I got passed (twice) by a 12' Boss 302! It was a BFgoodrich test car. For a big car that Boss moved around the track quite well. I think your missing out if you own one and arent taking it to the road course.

I was planning on doing the exact same thing as you except for the following

- I can't weld like you
- I can't design like you
- I can't paint like you
- I can't assemble like you
- I can't solve problems like you

I've spent Many years in school to become a CPA and posts like yours are excellent opportunities to demonstrate to my little girl that there many important skills out there other than sitting behind a computer screen crunching numbers!

Thanks for sharing, gives us "other people" (when I see projects like this it is obvious there are those out there that think in a totally different way, like watching a musician, some are just wired with amazing skills that we can't quite understand how) clear evidence of what can be done with careful planning and much practice when we think about our little projects.

Awesome that your kids see what it is you do with your spare time! Will inspire them in ways you don't realize.

Sincerely,
Joel

Please keep us updated. This this is just sick looking! The whole set up is just nasty!

Where in PA are you? Im a member of the MAGNA club which is a great group of guys thats always looking to help out. pm me if you want to get some more info on the club and meet some more like minded people.

Where in PA are you? Im a member of the MAGNA club which is a great group of guys thats always looking to help out. pm me if you want to get some more info on the club and meet some more like minded people.
I'm in York, pa