Operational Parameters

NO that is not the problem, I'll add more fuel but I think your battery voltages is dropping too much it could be the cause I see 8 volts in the log at one point

Attachments

• 082612 GNE85 V1.6.zip
    1.3 KB · Views: 85
I'm gonna swap the red top in my 2006 Regal GS with the one in the GN but it's a much older battery not sure it'll be any better. Then if that doesn't work I'll suck it up and get a brand new one.

I think we have an issue I have noticed I have 33,ms commanding for cranking fuel but were only getting 9.7 mS.........:confused:

Nope I would say a data logging abnormality
So I'm completely confused? Is that something I can fix or what your saying is that it's a fluke in the data being recorded? Are there parts that would cause this? The injector harness is a new Caspers harness that's maybe a couple years old?

Nothing on your part, I need a second opinion, maybe Cal hartline can have a look at the file and log see if I;m reading things wrong.

bpw error.jpg

Okay here it is after the battery swap and the newest file. Still drops to 10.2 volts on start up.

Attachments

• 100112.zip
    8.7 KB · Views: 86
isnt most of the difference the injector dead time being applied to the commanded pw?

Nothing on your part, I need a second opinion, maybe Cal hartline can have a look at the file and log see if I;m reading things wrong.

Try removing a few items and logging the HR IPW (ms). It may also be cut in half since it's firing B2B (I'll have to check that). What is the rpm spiking to when cranking?

Try removing a few items and logging the HR IPW (ms). It may also be cut in half since it's firing B2B (I'll have to check that). What is the rpm spiking to when cranking?
Looks like at its peak it got to 1500RPM. Couldn't find HR IPW but found HR GPW is that what you want me to log?

Looks like at its peak it got to 1500RPM. Couldn't find HR IPW but found HR GPW is that what you want me to log?

Sorry, I have a few parameters not publicly released. HR GPW will work. I am coming into this thread late, but if it's jumping to 1500 rpm, it's not using the cranking fuel table at those points

When cranking the car sometimes you will get random spikes in the log showing crazy rpm, ignore it.

isnt most of the difference the injector dead time being applied to the commanded pw?

The injector dead time is not shown in the logging of the BPW, it is included in the HR BPW though.

Not sure what the HR GPW is going to tell you it didn't move until the car started but here's the log.

Attachments

• 100312.zip
    4.9 KB · Views: 51
Thanks, not sure what is going on here but one more shot lets give it more fuel.......15% more cold, see if any change

Attachments

• 082612 GNE85 V1.7.zip
    1.3 KB · Views: 82
Here's the new log file take a look. What was the HP GPW supposed to tell us?

Attachments

• 100412.zip
    5 KB · Views: 52
It was just to help us determine if your actually getting fuel into the motor during cranking. You can see today's log it started better, and the af was richer as the rpm came up as it burns off the excess cranking fuel.
10_03_12 vs 10_04_12.jpg

Yo can also see the IAC did not bring the rpm up on the 1st log, but it did on the 2nd