Operational Parameters

Yes a little bit more and see what happens add another 4%

Did you notice your IAC was not working on the graph on the left?

Yes once you pointed it out I noticed. I don't know how to do the cool stuff yet how do you look at the individual files like that and bring them up in seperate graphs?
And just so I don't mess anything up should I bring up cranking fuel say from 0 degrees to 100 degrees.

You can bring up more than one log file at a time and adjust the window sizes using the mouse, or hit view tile vertically, you can;t open 2 gct's up at a time though. The cool stuff takes time to learn:) I have a program that saves screen shots its free to download, called gadwin print screen. You really need to start the car at different temps to dial it in, but for now 0-100 is fine. You use the shift key and % key at the same time to add the % of the highlighted area.

New log file seemed to start a little worse with the 4% add in fuel . I think that's due to the low temps that have been getting colder and colder around here. I added 10% more from 0degrees-85degrees and I'll see what happens next time I start it hopefully tomorrow.

Attachments

• 100712.zip
    5 KB · Views: 57
The AF trace looks about the same as last time, the battey volts are going back into the 9s slightly and your IAC is not coming down again. But try to add a bit more and see its effect.

So I added 10% more the last time I started the car and it didn't start any better. I would have posted a log file but my laptop crashed. I added another 5% this time and it didn't start any better plus there's a couple of weird things you'll have to look at in the file cause I can't make sense of why I would get an error code and it would clear it self or why the rev counter,O2 correction, cam sync, and other stuff would freak out .

Attachments

• 101212.zip
    5 KB · Views: 51
Based what I see I think your IAC is sticking or bad, and do not UNPLUG it with the key on unless you want to send your XFI box in for IAC driver repair.

Wonder if you have a fuel pressure problem during cranking, low battery volts could make things go flaky.

I have a gauge on the hood and it's got pressure. I'll replace the IAC and take another log file if I can get a day off next weekend. I took this one when I got home tonight voltage didn't drop below 10 but I put the battery over night on the trickle charger.

Attachments

• 101312.zip
    4.9 KB · Views: 57
Still does not look right for the IAC up so high, after it starts, can you log injector DC?

Added another 5% and logged the injector dc tried starting the car but it wouldn't start. I pulled the plug on cylinder 1 and it was wet. I ordered an angle iac boss and hopefully will change that out this weekend. I'm gonna go back to an earlier tune any suggestions on which one I should choose?

Attachments

• 101512.zip
    2.1 KB · Views: 47
Still haven't put on the IAC but decided to go to an earlier file. seemed to start better but the log file didn't record the IDC so I took a second log file just so you could see the IDC and tell me if it's working right. Thanks by the way for looking I don't think I've thanked you enough.

Attachments

• 102212 after start.zip
    8.7 KB · Views: 46
  • 102212.zip
    9.3 KB · Views: 55
I'll have a look but the IAC is very important as it lets air into the motor, so this will change the whole startup fueling again! Thanks for the thanks:)

Based what I see I think your IAC is sticking or bad, and do not UNPLUG it with the key on unless you want to send your XFI box in for IAC driver repair.

Norbs, am I reading this right? You can't run the XFI without an IAC? If you do you risk IAC driver damage?

Norbs, am I reading this right? You can't run the XFI without an IAC? If you do you risk IAC driver damage?

You can run it with or without an IAC. Just don't unplug it or plug it in with thre ignition on

So before replacing should I unplug it just to test to see if it starts up? I have the new one just been so busy at work and around the house to put it in.

I would just put it in and a do a datalog showing IAC target, just dont have the key on plugging or unplugging t!