Original SBC verses LS style engine

What I was talking about doesn't have anything to do with a torque converter. It happens in any type of gearing.

Think about it this way, if you have a small wrench on a bolt and your trying to move it at 100 ft/lbs torque, it will be hard to do. If you go with a bigger wrench, it will be easier to tighten the bolt to the same torque. Same thing with gearing. If you change the gears, it will take a lot less energy to move the car depending on the gearing.

Torque is force x distance.

Lets say you have 210 ft/lbs of torque and use a 3:1 gear ratio, it will multiply the torque by 3, giving you 630 ft/lbs of torque.

Not to offer any more insight, but in this example you did increase size of the output of torque,(longer handle) similar to bigger motor, which would produce more torque.

Yes I understand how gearing appliesto using available torque so I think were having a misunderstanding. I am talking about the actual numbers taking the same numbers if you have a car on the dyno that puts 210ft/lbs of torque to the wheel no matter what you do to the gearing you will still remain at 210ft/lbs of torque. Granted how the car applies the torque will change i.e. quicker or faster on the top end, but you will never raise the actual the troque output of the motor without changing the motor output itself.

And a dyno does the calculations to give it a 1:1 ratio. I totally agree with you, gears will not change the torque the engine will produce at all, but it multiplys before delivering it to the rear wheels. Which is exactly what he was saying in his post.

Heres a definition of torque:
The moment of a force; the measure of a force's tendency to produce torsion and rotation about an axis, equal to the vector product of the radius vector from the axis of rotation to the point of application of the force and the force vector.
A turning or twisting force.

Now, do you agree that you will have more 'turning force' at the rear wheels with 4:10 gears compared to having 3:73s?

And a dyno does the calculations to give it a 1:1 ratio. I totally agree with you, gears will not change the torque the engine will produce at all, but it multiplys before delivering it to the rear wheels. Which is exactly what he was saying in his post.

Now, do you agree that you will have more 'turning force' at the rear wheels with 4:10 gears compared to having 3:73s?

I would think the torque Reading at the wheels would be less with a lower gear ratio, higher numerically. There would be less load with a lower gear and the dyno computes power from the load? I may be wrong but it seems that way? At least it wouldn't be more.

All the gears do is allow you to get into the higher torque range quicker and in turbo cars the lower gears would be a detriment., again they love a load.

Yes I agree with what you are saying so I think we're talking about the same thing but totally different sides of the coin. Power vs Gearing