power plate...poll

I disagree with this. All the evidence (egt readings, melted cylinders, hammered bearings on those holes, melted plugs) indicates that the front of the engine is leaner than the rear. We aren't talking stock form either, we are trying to get as much mass flow through the engine we can.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I agree with this. I could see it on the plugs. Rears always looked more rich. I have yet to see what the results are without the plate doing wot pulls. I plan on comparing them next spring. I could be wrong but I don't think the plate would help alky distribution either. After I pulled the plate I saw no difference in sm numbers at wot. I think the power plate may be beneficial on a stock turbo/49 car but anything that moves some air I don't think it's needed. I've discussed this with a guy and it kinda made sense.

I was concerned with alky and the plate too. I was able to up the boost a bit without alky using the plate. Just didnt want a place for the booze to collect prior to entering the runners. Later I started adding a little booze until I was comfy at 26 psi.

ahhhhh ok I understand now.. None of our 9sec to 12 sec cars are NOT race motors they are street drivers that we race!!!! :D
I don't consider myself an "expert" on racing with the powerplate (I'm not using one to race and I don't run alky-my sig needs updating). The "experts" that I referred to are Buick community vendors and even moderators. Your ability to run well with alky and a power plate is a testamony to your expertise.

I don't consider myself an "expert" on racing with the powerplate (I'm not using one to race and I don't run alky-my sig needs updating). The "experts" that I referred to are Buick community vendors and even moderators. Your ability to run well with alky and a power plate is a testamony to your expertise.
On the street pump gas. At the track real gas.

The new and improved plate
And the perfect theft device made

Mobile app sucks. Keeps kicking me out when posting a pic

I was concerned with alky and the plate too. I was able to up the boost a bit without alky using the plate. Just didnt want a place for the booze to collect prior to entering the runners. Later I started adding a little booze until I was comfy at 26 psi.

By the time that the alky has reached your intake/PP, it should be completely atomized and only a vapor, if not then you have way too much alky.