Power touring GN Build Thread

Aaron, it was a really hard decision for me. The reason is because all of the wheels I really want COST so much. CCW makes two or three that I really like, and the classics maintain that GNX style look and without seeing a pic of the wheel on a GN it's really hard to picture (even with photoshop). So I decided to order Centerline Laser II wheels (pictured). The main reason is that if they don't look right, or fit I can send the back to summit and I'm only out shipping cost. Though I couldn't find them on a GN I found some pics online that I like. I plan on having the centers powdercoated satin black though I may keep them polished for awhile. As you know, wheels are so hard to find and such a personal choice..

MCP-WOR-1103-CAMARO-PIX-06.jpg

In case you're wondering, the wheels on my Buick in my sig pic are now on my Chevelle. I ended up cutting the centercaps and adding SS emblems. I like them better on the Chevelle, and I'm not sure they'll clear the calipers on the Track4s anyway.

attachment.jpg

Bishir,
Those wheels will look really good with the center section powder coated black. Me likey!

I had Budnik Wheels do a set of Alum GN wheels for my car. Gbody Parts is now selling one for about half the price.

I think those look fantastic, and if a 18" version was made I'd be all over it. Too few tire options even on 17" rims now. Plus, they have to clear the Track4 brakes...

Budnik will do them in 18s. Gbody may also. I know they were talking about it.

Mike B.

Baer ss4 rear brake backing plates/parking brake. The stock bottom backing plate bolts need enlarged to 3/8" and two new 3/8" holes need drilled into the axle tube flange to mount these. All four stock backing plate bolts broke when I tried to remove them which isn't uncommon.

ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1392264920.023282.jpg

Last edited:
Here is the back of the ss4 backing plate with unmodified stock brake line. Note the top of the flange doesn't need to be removed with this kit unlike some other brake upgrades.
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1392265187.348451.jpg

I chose stock replacement 28 spline moser axles with longer studs. My hope is the disc brakes would keep the wheel attached in case of breakage. Plus there really isn't much left in the budget for much else..

ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1392265431.137043.jpg

Last edited:
Update
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1392346233.907682.jpg

ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1392346256.168100.jpg

FYI, the rotor is on the wrong side in this pic.

Last edited:
Nice looking refreshes. Wish I could have left the brake cylinder portion of the rear housing on mine when swapped over to the 4th gen F-body brakes.

I shortened the rear brake lines because I didn't like the hose clamp included in the Baer kit to hold the brake line. Since the coil mount is useless now I decided to weld the bracket that connects the stock brake line to the braided caliper line to it. I also painted the gas tank satin black. A buddy let me borrow his brake line flaring tool made by Eastwood. It's a fine piece and makes flaring a snap.
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1393212464.923845.jpg
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1393212487.865761.jpg
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1393212528.573344.jpg

Sweet build! Your not worried about the rear springs coming out under hard stop. / cornering ? I'm asking only that I've seen.

Buhog are you talking about the spring bracket breaking? It's not a concern...