PTE Super Stock Location Arrived!!

Thunder

Wanna-be 10 sec'r
Well, just like topic says... it arrived (and about a week earlier than expected :) ! ) It looks like a beautiful piece, finish is black like stocker, and aluminum on the shroud. Outlet is a massive 3", and up pipe is included! Only worry, and small worry at that, is if my front braces will fit... crossing my fingers!! Anyhow, gotta run for now, will try to post some pics later, and take some of install as well!! :cool:

you'll definitely be very happy with it...IMO the best stock location intercooler out there for the Buicks now...:D

Photos up!

Here are a couple pics...

http://www.msnusers.com/PTESuperStockIntercooler

Install is going well, getting the intercooler in place was easy. DS uses factory bracket, and PS is a new piece mounting @ water pump, and at factory bracket mounting point. (2 spacers included) Gotta like the good hose clamps... NOT the cheapo pos's.

Will post more, on the shroud etc. later.

:cool:

Nice unit isnt it.I just received mine and was wondering if you have to take the shroud off to install it!

looks niceeeeeeeeeeee.. There are some great stock mounts ou tthere now. Thunder, Precision, Meese..

shawnz- They are a nice lookin' piece... eh?! :D Yeah, take the shroud off before trying to throw it in there.

First thing I did was pull all of the stock stuff out of there, maf pipe, up pipe, intercooler, and shroud. I undid my front end angle braces (not sure if PS will fit back, or not). Also removed the stock intercooler bracket (left the stud in place). Next I installed the long spacer onto the stud (note one side is engraved "to eng"). After the stud was in place, I loosely mounted the bracket to the spacer, and checked to see which water pump bolt the other end lined up with. Taking the bolt out lets some coolant escape, so a catch pan was put in place. I didn't pull the bolt just yet though, the bracket was taken back out, and the long bolt-short spacer combo was put through its hole. I coated the threads with a bit of teflon paste, and went for a quick swap of the water pump bolt. The rest of the I/C mounting is straight forward.

The shroud looks like it may take a bit of time to get just right. I needed to eliminate the low speed coolant fan resistor, to get the shroud into place (no big deal, it was already bypassed). I also needed to take down the air dam that mounts below the radiator (should go back into place after a lil trimming). The sway bar seems pretty close to the shroud right now. About 1/2" from the bottom of the bar to the shroud. Not sure if it will need a bigger notch or not... no big deal though. Anywho thats where I'm at, probably wont mess with it till Sunday.

Hope that helps!!
Any questions, just ask

Just saw the PTE stock mount at the Nats this year and it is indeed an awesome looking intercooler. Full Throttle was selling them from their tent and had one on display. Just wondering where you ordered yours from Thunder and how much was the cost?

Please p/m that pricing info... it may upset my stomach if the deals too sweet!! lol j/k

Originally posted by Thunder
Please p/m that pricing info... it may upset my stomach if the deals too sweet!! lol j/k

lol. You know how those "show special" deals are.

Don't feel bad, if I had a dollar for everytime I bought something that went on sale the following week...:D

Looks great. Have you tried the maf pipe on yet? It's hard to tell from the pics but it looks close.

Full Throttle was selling them for about 40 or 50 bucks less than the normal asking price at the Nats. Can't recall the exact price. I came real close to picking up one but I was running out of room to store stuff for the trip back :D

Thunder i have the intercooler installed without the shroud but thr bottom of the cooler is about a half inch from the fan.Is this to close do i need to shim thanks John!

Hey Shawnz

Mine is about 1/2" at the bottom as well, I figured that was good. I don't think it will be an issue. I will be giving it a dry run on the jack stands though. Letting the wife rev it a few times, while I check out all of the close spots. The shroud to sway bar is where I think there may be contact when the engine torques over. Should be no big deal if it does though, just make the notch a tad bigger. (makes those little close-off plates nice!!). Got a lot going on right now, but hope to finish the last bit and any adjusting by the end of the week. Lemme know if someone else finishes first!!

Pronto

No problem with the maf pipe!! Fits like a champ!!

Thunder please post info about the PS angle brace and if it fits when you get to it...

Originally posted by Hammer231
Full Throttle was selling them for about 40 or 50 bucks less than the normal asking price at the Nats. Can't recall the exact price. I came real close to picking up one but I was running out of room to store stuff for the trip back :D

I had seen the price at 785.00 on Tuesday, and 775.00 on the last day.

Remember the pricing was a show special, the normal pricing is 795.00

Joe
PTE