PTE Super Stock Location Arrived!!

I think that as long as everything is consistent througout the tests (with or without alky) then that is all that matters.

I DO think it would be interesting to test both Intercoolers with AND without ALKY if the measurement is to determine which one produces the maximum numbers on a DYNO. Since the alky (at least on my car) goes in the up-pipe, it wouldn't affect inlet/outlet temps directly at the intercooler.

Of course, that would require four pulls minimum (two per intercooler) on a dyno to check with and without alky, assuming that you only test the two intercoolers.

However, like Razor suggested, a test without an I/C and using Alky only might be interesting as well. Hmm.... has anyone ever measured the air inlet temp to the throttle body downstream of the alky injection point with/without alky to monitor temp change? That too would be some interesting info to have.

Inlet and outlet temps with max rear wheel HP and Torque would be the info I would like to see most, everything else being equal.

Originally posted by Rick@GMHTP
As long as the testing could be kept consistent, and like Bill said, a fast car was used, sounds like a hell of a story to me.

What do you think Bill, Mike, and Steve?

Rick

rick.jensen@primedia.com

Well, like I said, I will provide the dyno, use the optical sensor for the most accuracy and I would possibly even loan a vehicle for the test, something with a front mount on it that could be run first as a baseline(with at least 500hp to the wheels), that may however lead some to believe the results could be swayed....
I would suggest making a full pass on the dyno to heat soak the intercooler and engine before taking any readings, then we would do 3 or 4 pulls with a break in between each with no tuning allowed and take all the readings including air/fuel ratio. We could do the final pull on alcohol too if that is needed, doesnt really matter to me.

Originally posted by EightSecV6
Well, like I said, I will provide the dyno, use the optical sensor for the most accuracy and I would possibly even loan a vehicle for the test, something with a front mount on it that could be run first as a baseline(with at least 500hp to the wheels), that may however lead some to believe the results could be swayed....
I would suggest making a full pass on the dyno to heat soak the intercooler and engine before taking any readings, then we would do 3 or 4 pulls with a break in between each with no tuning allowed and take all the readings including air/fuel ratio. We could do the final pull on alcohol too if that is needed, doesnt really matter to me.

Sounds good to me Bill, but while Rick is at your shop he should get some pics of the Fastest and Quickest single turbo Buick so he can do a feature on it!!!:D :cool:

Just a thought from the peanut gallery:)

Set up a paypal account so we can all chip in for beer and chicken wings and pizza.:D

Getting some of this on video would be cool.

"1st annual intercooler drags".:cool:

Stir it up

We tested running no IC with just alky on Cal's Stage car and at 25 PSI boost turbo outlet temps 302 degrees, IAT were 175 on alky no IC. His old PTE FM would run 170's as well, The V3 on it runs at 140's.

I bet a dozen doughnuts that a high flow stock location and alky will cover what that V3 does...

I have to make some time to put the data up from his FAST and the dyno results using the Superflow Dyno at Superchips in Orlando FL.

12 pulls yielded a lot of info.

Back under my rock :D

We did get 30% fuel replacement with the alky and make power ;)

Just wondering if anything ever happened , did anyone do a test? Or did it just fizzle out. Just curious:)