Quikee Turbo Regal Contest(s)

Didn't the 82 GN have a different colored logo?
Not to detract from answer but which one is the one Molly originally designed, the arrow over the top or arrow under logo?

I am covering the various power six logos in my weekly inner circle as I have the original art work from Molly of the power six Grand National badges....

Concerning the over and under arrow part of the power six your wheel caps is NOT I repeat not the design Molly did. His design was the over style arrow that appears every where else on your 84-87 GN. Why that happened I have no real true answer could be a mistake could be Buick tried to go with their own version instead of paying Molly? Again I have no clear answer.

Thee is a good chance its one of those reasons.

Back to the contest....still short one version keep in mind its the power six logo can be solid red or two colors don;t matter what is the missing model I am referring to?

I think the 82 GN was red/orange since it was turbo charged.....the Lesabre 86 GN was solid red.

I don't claim to have all the correct answers but know enough to pass!

denniskirban@yahoo.com

My job after Vietnam was I gave tests for the Army at the Philadelphia induction center their was a world of difference between those with 4 plus years of college behind them and those with barely a high school diploma.....

Buick Skyhawk.but it was in 1978 if I'm remember right it had a Doug someone turbo charger.or the century GS used the same red one as the GN LeSabre I think.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Last edited:
BINGO POST 125 finally stumbled onto the answer I was seeking the Century GS which said gran sport had the power six logo in red similar in design to the Grand national emblems....

A car that is rarely seen today. Congrats on that quesiton

see next post for the next one.

Remember the rule if you won the previous one please reframe from the next one so others have a chance. Skip to one after the next one.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Here is the next one that may be difficult.

It has been established the on the 1986-1987 Grand Nationals the center caps the power six logo the arrow loops under the logo rather than going across the front.

I know of two other instances actually have proof in my private collection that this power six logo goes under the arrow in two other applications on the exterior of certain Buick models.

So, the question is what two other Buick models had the arrow under the logo that matches the ones on your GN center caps?

contest begins now

denniskirban@yahoo.com

kirban update

I am going to kill the above trivia question since it did not deal with the 1986-1987 Turbo Regals which proved to be difficult for th readers of this thread. The correct answer is the 1984 T-Type with the power six logo Buick reversed the arrow flow like your GN center caps are. The other answer is the Riv turbocharged models. Those fender and dash emblem again Buick reversed the flow of the arrow.

I got proof that was not Mollys design as I have 3 actual metal prototypes from Molly of that emblem. I actually got them years ago when I took that 9,000 mile road trip around the USA in my 99 Vette. (Saw rain just one day out of 36 days on the road)

Mistake or not it is weird Buick made such a visible logo decision on the exterior center caps when the body badges clearly are different.
I can remember when I did a project for the Danbury mint that does the highly detailed diecast cars. I lined up the 1965 plum mist GTO they used. Car was actually at my airbase reunion event.

At the time I had my 1964 GTO so the undercarriage is identical to the 1965. They rented a lift at my buddies Midas shop for the entire day to take photos. They then went to Maryland to film the actual award winning plum mist 65 GTO. The company that did the prototype diecast was located near me. Every 5-10 days they would call me up to inspect their project to make sure it was dead on accurate. One mistake they made and correct was they had the seat pattern running the wrong way. Member we are not dealing with car experts but model experts.

What many people may not realize the model they would place in the magazine ads was really a one off prototype that was generally 25% larger than the product ones. Makes sense get money coming in advance of production.

The one mistake they did make on the 1965 GTO which I am kind glad they left on the car was it has a rear sway bar that is because my 64 GTO was not exactly stock! That turns out to be my proof that they used my car for the underside as the actual car is a national winner and was 100% stock.

true story

denniskirban@yahoo.com

it was a non paying job but I did get 3 diecast 1965 GTOs out of the deal.....and I guess bragging rights.

Next quikee contest

Again referring to a stock 1986-1987 Turbo Regal. Answer must match mine. There are three visible components attached to your engine that today are not exactly like the originals. If you hunt you can find sources that have the correct exact ones but the ones you would typically buy at an auto store will not match exactly like your original.

With those clues what 3 parts on your engine am I referring to?

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Dennis,I had the last answer but had to sit it out.
20170226_122412.jpg

Dennis,I had the last answer but had to sit it out.View attachment 298998

Your rite thanz for posting photos so readers can clearly see that Buick marched to a different drum with the power six logo the Molly design looks more aggressive with the arrow on top.

I guess we will never know the real reason for the two versions. You don;t see that happening with other car logos as a rule. Heck BMW has used their logo unchanged for well over 30 plus years.....

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Kirban update:

above post 114 is technically correct my saving grace is it has to agree with my answers....point being we are all learning something with that said their is still one more missing from the group which would be 5 not 4.

So one more is still out there to be guessed on this contest.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

I have that sports coup emblem in my collection I should have thought about it....it was part of the T-Type labeling Buick did in 1983 on five different Buick models.....if memory serves me correct.

I know this is way past and don't know if anyone has mentioned it (still reading the thread) but the Century GS had the Power 6 logo.

Next quikee contest

Again referring to a stock 1986-1987 Turbo Regal. Answer must match mine. There are three visible components attached to your engine that today are not exactly like the originals. If you hunt you can find sources that have the correct exact ones but the ones you would typically buy at an auto store will not match exactly like your original.

With those clues what 3 parts on your engine am I referring to?

denniskirban@yahoo.com
MAF, coil, TPS sensor