Report card

bluegate

Looking for a report card, kudos, criticism or whatever. Been in this about 2 years, put a car back together with a host of used hard parts and a few new ones, converted to FAST a few months ago, Alky this week. I've read my fair share of threads on here and ttype, but still don't fully understand turbos, wastegates and algebra. Car seems to run great to me, but please look at my recent log and pick it apart. My questions are:

A. Normal for boost to drop a few lbs. towards the end of a run?
B. Do I max out this manual boost controller, then the rod until I get where I want to be? Assuming 25-26lbs. with this te44
C. I noticed a few degree drop in spark through a few runs. Guess its better than a spike
D. I removed a volt booster and installed a ccci hotwire to minimize my initial alky tuning - 13.2 volts at WOT fine?
E. As FAST calibrates the table, do you get some stuttering when the motor first hits 25lbs. when its used to 17?? AFR seems to always be in check.

PS - fuel pressure my be a tad low as I did not completely understand the calibration process, maybe about 2 lbs.

Thanks Brian

ported irons
te44
210/215
60#

Attachments

• Partial run.txt
    1.3 MB · Views: 66
Suggest you also post the tune.
Some of your answers could be found there.
The boost and timing should stay where they are programmed to be. Thus, the tune file posting.
" with a host of used hard parts and a few new ones."
^^^^ More details on the build, such as exh system, cam, etc.

Thanks Chuck

Fist time posting a tune, had to change extension to .txt??? I didn't mess with base AE table much from Cals set up except where noted in the tunes title. I never mess with the target stuff.

Finer details:
Fresh girdled 109, stock unturned crank, scat rods, probe pistons @.20 - stock compression
te44 rebuilt by bison, stock headers, 3" DP - 2.5 dual exhaust - 3" Magnaflow catalytic convertor (this can go if needed)
ported irons, 155/177 valves, new 1.6 roller rockers, PAC springs
I think the intake has been ported a tad, RJC power plate
210/215 full throttle roller cam
stock ignition, ccci hot wire, nr5 plugs,
new 255 fuel pump from TT, stock lines, hotwire, new 60# from TT, stock rails, some kinda adj. fule pres regulator

Attachments

• Alky minus 7 at 175 and 10 at 201 and above.txt
    2.4 KB · Views: 69
Forgot, PTE slic and 3200 stall. I dont know the extent of the trans build.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Since it's Cal's tune, have you asked him to review the logs?
He reviewed my tune before alky and said it was good. Then sent the alky, so I'mreally looking more for an overall combo thumbs up or down before I get this in the 26lb. range.

Primarily a street car

Do I max out this manual boost controller, then the rod until I get where I want to be? Assuming 25-26lbs. with this te44
with ported heads and cam you may not see 26psi unless you want to drop boost i would remove it and tighten that rod up as far as it can go.

As FAST calibrates the table, do you get some stuttering when the motor first hits 25lbs. when its used to 17?? AFR seems to always be in check.
afr is one thing,octane is another,timing if its to low in one spot i have seen cars sputter wideband is far from the action and cannot see what each cylinder is doing

As FAST calibrates the table, do you get some stuttering when the motor first hits 25lbs. when its used to 17?? AFR seems to always be in check.
afr is one thing,octane is another,timing if its to low in one spot i have seen cars sputter wideband is far from the action and cannot see what each cylinder is doing
I meant to clarify this. Maybe not a studder but went flat... of course I was not logging at those 2 times.

Last edited:
Do I max out this manual boost controller, then the rod until I get where I want to be? Assuming 25-26lbs. with this te44
with ported heads and cam you may not see 26psi unless you want to drop boost i would remove it and tighten that rod up as far as it can go.
Remove mbc altogether? So, no air pressure gets to the waste and spring does all the work? I have yet to open wg hole so I bet I need to do this now that I'm messing with higher boost?

And..... I have a magnaflow high flow cat on the car. Need to go?

Last edited:
As I read more into all this, it appears that an external wg may be needed.... I though after alky I was done opening my wallet.

How is your charging system? Loss of spark and only 13.2v makes me curious you may see an ugly problem later

Remove mbc altogether? So, no air pressure gets to the waste and spring does all the work? I have yet to open wg hole so I bet I need to do this now that I'm messing with higher boost?

You need more pressure on the gate.just use the rod or seal the gate shut,if your trying to make max boost.

Thanks Chuck

Fist time posting a tune, had to change extension to .txt??? I didn't mess with base AE table much from Cals set up except where noted in the tunes title.

Are you sure the correct file that is loaded is posted?

Thanks Chuck

Fist time posting a tune, had to change extension to .txt??? I didn't mess with base AE table much from Cals set up except where noted in the tunes title.

Are you sure the correct file that is loaded is posted?
Why, does it look crazy? I was just helping someone else with a table and it converted very crazy looking on my end.

Is there a trick to saving or opening tune files?

This is how it should appear

5cf942eade16de045ccc60a66babe374.jpg

Last edited:
Why, does it look crazy? I was just helping someone else with a table and it converted very crazy looking on my end.

Is there a trick to saving or opening tune files?

This is how it should appear

5cf942eade16de045ccc60a66babe374.jpg
Looks very different.