Report card

14.5 volts at wot with a volt booster is low, but may depend where you are measuring. Which in itself could be a clue to a weakness in the wiring.

14.5 volts at wot with a volt booster is low, but may depend where you are measuring. Which in itself could be a clue to a weakness in the wiring.
That's looking at the log through fast. I did the new larger alternator although cant remember what amp. I do have a squeaky new belt, so it is probably slipping. I'll change that too.

If I ran a wire from fuel pump to egr input could I log volts accurately? I have a sportsman....

I'll just pull out the rotisserie while I'm at it

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I'm not sure on what the gurus want for that input. As a low tech test make a wire and bring right through your driver side window to the alternator stud. Primative but a real world number will be given. Use a good ground , connect a volt meter and have a copilot call out wot voltage.

Hey, was it necessary to do a smaller pulley on the alt??? I did the cs130 I think....
I'm not sure on what the gurus want for that input. As a low tech test make a wire and bring right through your driver side window to the alternator stud. Primative but a real world number will be given. Use a good ground , connect a volt meter and have a copilot call out wot voltage.

Made 4 nice runs last night, except the very end of the last run. Had 15 degrees of kr..... but logs looked great everywhere else. This is never ending.
look at the intake charge temps.probably getting heat soaked
This is occurring around 5700-5900 rpms only. Talked to cal about other stuff and he thought it could be valvetrain noise from converter slip.

Converter is the only unknown piece in my combo, so I will be replacing it sooner than later.

valvetrain noise from converter slip.
.plenty of guys have aggressive valvetrains and can get the cars to run with no knock and steady fuel pressure.could be something rattling around
I noticed here lately, a hollow "tink.....tink....." noise that is specific to 1 cylinder. I hear it mostly in the exhaust. Only after the car is warmed up.

Might have something to do with my issue.
26b516bdc6356584ffbb2455c1457519.jpg

Dumb question maybe but what the hell is that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not at all. Supposed to be a high flow cat. Took it off today and that's the media or whatever it's called, bouncing around inside.

No more kr with that thing gone, but still have the new noise. Something up with one cylinder, making a noise almost like a exhaust leak but it's not.

Dumb question maybe but what the hell is that?

Not at all. Supposed to be a high flow cat. Took it off today and that's the media or whatever it's called, bouncing around inside.

Looks like a block of wood.... weird but I guess I never looked inside a converter

Higher than 3200 for 6262? Bison said to look at that turbo. Definitely not interested in changing converters within the next 2 years.

Thinking a little lower than 3200 for the 6262. Bison could tell you exactly what to get, but most guys seem to do well with the 2800 NLU PTC.

The flash rpm is what matters. You’re not racing at 3200rpm.