Richard Clark / Enigne Build

Just keeps getting better! :D :cool:
And Better, And Better....... Richard is sending me a tool that he has to check push rod length, he say's it's a push rod micrometer so we can measure exactly for the correct push rod length & pre-load. :D :cool:

Were they ported or not though?;)
Nope! and there are no plans to as of now..... Maybe ( Big maybe ) later down the road I may get some Champion irons and go from there but to tell you the honest truth, I was completely happy with this cars performance the way it was before and I know I only made it better doing what we did to it... I am not into drag racing this car ( or any car for that matter ) so my main goal here is to get this car to be very nimble on the autocross course to keep up with the torque of those LS engines that everyone else uses.......

Nope! and there are no plans to as of now..... Maybe ( Big maybe ) later down the road I may get some Champion irons and go from there but to tell you the honest truth, I was completely happy with this cars performance the way it was before and I know I only made it better doing what we did to it... I am not into drag racing this car ( or any car for that matter ) so my main goal here is to get this car to be very nimble on the autocross course to keep up with the torque of those LS engines that everyone else uses........
Would've made you a heck of a deal if you wanted to go ported bud.:D Makes more torque that way as well so you'd be able to keep up with the LS engines better.:cool:

Would've made you a heck of a deal if you wanted to go ported bud.:D Makes more torque that way as well so you'd be able to keep up with the LS engines better.:cool:
I know, I know..... and thank you for your offer! I just don't have the time..... This thing needs to be finished and ready for the TB.com event which is right around the corner and there are parts off this car that are scattered all over the place and by that I mean in states like NJ.. LOL.... I believe it will be just fine for now, maybe I will have you do a set for me soon! ;)

I know, I know..... and thank you for your offer! I just don't have the time..... This thing needs to be finished and ready for the TB.com event which is right around the corner and there are parts off this car that are scattered all over the place and by that I mean in states like NJ.. LOL.... I believe it will be just fine for now, maybe I will have you do a set for me soon! ;)
New Jersey! Like the salsa add?:eek::D

Scott... I'll be there myself using one of those 10,000lb. OTC stand to fire up an engine for "break-in" this weekend. BTW, how about my luck on that Stage-2 block you guys were looking at when Richard called me that night!!

K.

Scott... I'll be there myself using one of those 10,000lb. OTC stand to fire up an engine for "break-in" this weekend. BTW, how about my luck on that Stage-2 block you guys were looking at when Richard called me that night!!

K.
That is crazy! I was standing right there when he showed Richard the "luck"....... I think it's still usable though the way he described, it makes sense...

You guy's need to take it easy on him, I swear I didn't see him stop moving around while I was there last year. And if he said something was usable I would believe him.:) Only 2 months to go!!!

I wish I had known he was coming over, I would have had you haul is butt over here and look to see how accurate this cam of mine is.

Anyone have one of these?
puddinpower_20060615_002.jpg

Dave... We were trying to figure out a "cruel joke" but couldn't come up with anything... So here's a pic... :D

K.

Attachments

• Run-in stand 001.jpg
    Run-in stand 001.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 124
Fire in the hole!! All six that is... ;)

K.

Attachments

• Run-in stand 003.jpg
    Run-in stand 003.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 114
Today I stopped by our local machine shop to see how the heads were coming along and Tommy asked if I wanted to stick around and help/watch to see how it's done. Everything went well until checking the installed valve height, some were as far off as 26 thousandths different from the others!!! :0 Then we ground the tips and got them all the way they should be but the installed height was still 1.64 instead of the Comp springs recommended 1.70... Come to find out it had aftermarket retainers that were throwing the instal height off... I stopped by my friend Gary Tarwater to pick up a set of stock heads with stock valves and sure enough we installed the stock retainers and the install height was where it needed to be... Heads are now done and ready to go on, Intake is all painted and ready to be installed so I should have a decent engine picture to post shortly....

SW.