Richard Clark / Enigne Build

Nice to have someone like Richard around that has the kind of passion and knowledge for these ol bricks! Absolutely amazed by the amount of tools, parts, and equipment he has. Not to mention the cars lol. That's a nice motor Scot.

Looking forward to the final RESULT'S!!!!

Good luck and hope every thing else goes SMOOTH!!!!

JD

Nothing special here, just a darker color to accent certain parts in the engine bay......

2012 ENGINE PICS 002.jpg

2012 ENGINE PICS 004.jpg

hello; Your engine looks super but I came on to ask if you do any major auto cross? I mean like the one that was on Speed Channel recently. They had all sorts of cars with a couple of the heavy hitters. I didn't watch it for long but there was a 1950 or so Business coupe with all upgraded parts from frame to engine. It was cool as most of the cars there where..
IBBY

hello; Your engine looks super but I came on to ask if you do any major auto cross? I mean like the one that was on Speed Channel recently. They had all sorts of cars with a couple of the heavy hitters. I didn't watch it for long but there was a 1950 or so Business coupe with all upgraded parts from frame to engine. It was cool as most of the cars there where..
IBBY
Yes we do! Those very same heavy hitters also attend the RTTH event held right here in my home town. The RTTH (Run To The Hills) events is now a "Series" and has now became 5 events all over the united states that was started by my close friend Bill Howell. At the RTTH event last year I placed 30th out of 87 of those heavy hitter cars that were entered. I can't attend those far events like Las Vegas and Texas, Cali because it's just too far for me to travel... This sport/Hobby is filled with wonderful people, awesome cars, and some of the most fun I've had at a car event in many years...

I ususally give people a hard time when I see those blue Felpro gaskets hanging out, but I'll let it go this time... :D

On another note... I'll PM you back soon, as I'm gonna need some DSE products for a customers car!! He saw that Speed Channel event as well, and that got him thinking...

K.

I ususally give people a hard time when I see those blue Felpro gaskets hanging out, but I'll let it go this time... :D

On another note... I'll PM you back soon, as I'm gonna need some DSE products for a customers car!! He saw that Speed Channel event as well, and that got him thinking...

K.
LMAO....... I was waiting for someone to mention that! I don't like that either but now that the front cover is on I think it would be a pain in the arse to get in there with an exacto knife....

Man, what a beautiful engine!!!! Very impressed....looks lethal! It belongs in my garage, so I'll be over next week to pick it up. :D

Bruce '87 Grand National

Nice to have someone like Richard around that has the kind of passion and knowledge for these ol bricks! Absolutely amazed by the amount of tools, parts, and equipment he has. Not to mention the cars lol. That's a nice motor Scot.

You sure are right here.

Note to Richard Clark: Will you be my Dad?:)

Bruce '87 Grand National

Thanks for the compliments guy's! The NEW oil pan from RJC Racing just arrived the other day with extra baffles so we don't starve the bearings of oil during an Auto-X / Road race outing this year...

Jason Cramer and I have discussed and will hopefully be selling these Auto-X pans in the near future. I will be installing a LED light to my oil press gauge so if it drops below a certain level the light will come on and I will know it dropped without having to look at the gauge.

IT'S ALIVE!! :)

It's been awhile since we got this thing home and installed it due to household jobs needing finished and waiting on parts to arrive but today the following friends came over to start this thing and break it in finally...

Thanks to: Mark Thomas (Puddin), Dave Huniker (TurboDave), Gary Tarwater (Gwizzer) this thing runs GREAT! Puddin showed up early to go over everything and helped fix a few little water leaks and a flying object! After the break in TurboDave set the TPS & IAC to get it running properly and Gary brought us the needed ZDDP additive for the break in and ran for more parts.. With the help of these guy's the car was running in no time with no leaks and running very smoothly and quiet I must say..

Thanks again to Mr. Richard Clark for making this engine build possible in the first place, Patrick for all his help at Richards place, JD for all his tech support over the phone and to the ones I am forgetting right now after this long day, I apologize.... Thank You!

I was gonna call and chat today but I'm glad I didn't now.:p Glad to see that you've got her up and running again and I got to start on the final mods this weekend so I think I need to send you some pics later.:D

Awesome!!!

Glad I was able to lend an EAR!!

Keep us posted on your progress lookin for some quick times out of that beast!!!!

JD

Amazing how smooth and quiet that motor is!!!!

How's the steering glitch coming? Did you have to re-calibrate "baby bungy"? ;) Sorry folks, private joke..