Running Hot at Idle?

DaveyX87

For some reason my car has been getting up to 225 or so when idling. When I start driving it goes back down to 176-185. I don't understand. It's not hot where I live. I have a new Alradco radiator, hoses, Flowkooler water pump and 180 stat. I burped the air out of the system too. What could cause this? Thanks in advance.

I'm not sure how to tell if both speeds are working. It seems to be pulling air pretty good. It is the stock fan. I could try the relay and see what happens.

Just turn on the AC and the fans should come on at high speed if they are working correctly with the engine running.

I took out the relay closest to the front of the car. It looks like someone had spliced new connectors onto a couple of the wires. It all looks corroded. I also noticed that there are five terminals on the relay and only four wires hooked up. The center terminal on the relay has nothing connected to it. Is this right? I will try cleaning it up and putting it back in. I will try turning on the AC after.