Seriously on the fence about selling my GN

Yeah I still got a long road ahead with it but I'm in no hurry. Speaking if parts, going to pick up a 87 Monte as trans after work for 100 bucks.

No it isn't because of putting power to them and breaking parts. It's because of the other parts that aren't affected by it we end up getting bent over on. Tensioners, AC compressors, front covers, 1000 dollar roller camshaft kits, interior bezels, headlight bezels and grilles, 500 bucks for used hoods, 800 for a fuckin hood pad, 250 dollar cam sensors. THe list goes on and on.
if you think these cars are expensive try owning and sourcing some of the 60's musclecars.I don't think buicks are that bad and I personally enjoy my cars and understand that speed costs and electrical,body,and taking car of the car can be rewarding and sometimes frustrating.

I battled with brakes for almost 2 years before I finally sold all the powermaster crap
still on my original powermaster,I have found changing out the fluid routinely helps a lot,even upgraded the brakes to full disk and stainless lines with synthetic fluid.

Frame off resto. All new body bushings, mounts, suspension, brakes, SPC springs, Bilstein shocks, 11" rotors and dual piston calipers, hydroboost, low miles on rebuilt trans, rebuilt motor in sig, interior redone with NOS4GN parts, 2 year old paint by Heath Elmer - PPG Jet Black, 4 coats base, 4 coats clear
you have done a lot to the car and it looks nice

Thanks! I got another Hydroboost today and will throw it in this weekend. Maybe then I can circle back to tackling my final issue....wind noise. I guess my beef would be with the parts store stuff for any car really. It's just a shame as it used to be so much more reliable. I still think the old cars give a more rewarding experience since they are so simple. That being said, I decided to leave things as stock as possible in my '59 LeSabre. Just dropped off my 364 Nailhead at TA Performance. It won't be cheap, but it will be done right.

The wind noise is by far my biggest nuisance. Only way to cure it is pull off all the crappy aftermarket stripping and begin the tedious task of installing new. THen new window regulators at 125 a pop. I'm just gonna live with it for now. I'm usually in the car by myself anyway.

Ha. I already have new motors / regulators from A1 electric and replaced my aftermarket seals with NOS. Still bad!!! It comes down to completely dismantling a car and putting it all back together. Those A1 motors / regulators were the bomb before the car was painted and I replaced the seals. I will be going through the book on it and try to get things right. Wish me luck!

If you figure it out lmk. My regulators And windows aren't that bad. I can get them to seal well but then I gotta open the door to get the windows up. I couldn't leave them that way so it was a compromise.

So I took a step back and calmed myself down. The car has been running really well except for the horrible wind noise. I got the book on fixing this and learned some tricks. I found out that I have a lot of noise coming from the top front of the doors. I decided to get some Metro door seals for the hell of it and compare to what I have on the car that I bought a couple years ago. It was an easy swap since I actually did not use glue. but rather the caulk strips on this so I could remove it if I ran into issues.

Well, the Metros were different than what I had, so I logged onto my account on the site I bought them from to see what exactly I bought. Turns out according to the site I had OEM seals, but I knew better. After doing research and looking at pictures it turns out I paid $300 for OEM seals and was shipped Fairchild seals :mad:. Just one more slap in the face with this car. I bought these 3 years ago so it is not worth arguing over now. I wish I paid more attention. Hopefully I can make something work.

I have NOS t top and window seals BTW.

Last edited:
I just threw some touch up paint on my car and said fuck it. I'm gonna rock it the way it is. Someday I'll have enough parts to get both cars done.

Good plan. I watch Roadkill episodes and miss the days of cruising in beaters and not giving a shit. David Freiburger said something that hit tome with me. He said it is best to work with something that is clapped out and not painted nice. Once you paint a car, your expectations go through the roof. So true.

This is one reason Royal-T hasn't been painted yet... I LOVE to drive and don't want to always worry about everything - I can (and do) drive my car anywhere anytime. (As long as the weather is okay)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk