Soon to be released EGT logger

Louie L.

Habitual Line Stepper
Staff member
Here's the prototype of my soon to be released EGT logger. The RS232 connector will allow it to be used as a stand alone unit for customers without XFI.

xfi.JPG

10-4

The pm was about his old gct he was going to send me for the TSM car. Holly said the board in the SEFI box was fried so I'll need another gct. I sent you and Holly an e-mail about this. We planned to make some passes tomorrow night in the car but with the wiring issues I think it's better to go ahead and put a stand alone harness in the car.

Thanks

Just a few questions..................

How many frames per second? How long can it log? Is the cold junction compensated temperature for? WHats it cost? WHats the range in degrees F.
Looks sweet though!

Were working on the frames/sec. Want to make sure it's as fast as the XFI logs (20 frames/sec). It will log as long as you program the XFI for. If you are using it as a stand alone unit, it should log indefinitly.

The cold junction has been compensated for EVERY junction. Just in case one is different then another, even though they are on the same circuit board.

Costs haven't been finalized. Will know soon.

The range is 0-1000C. I will include the XFI analog sensor calibration values so that the XFI will log the EGT's in Farenheit

Thanks for your interest.

BTW: Did you get my email about the distributor plug?

Thanks for the answers to those questions, sounds like alot of effort went into it. Yes i got your email, but i may build a complete stand alone engine harness.

If i don't have the xfi software or box how will this logger work??

It will have software for your laptop and will hook thru a serial port.No XFI needed.But with XFI it will have overlay capabilites

Hope it works better then the one i had before, was kind of hard to learn and left me scratching my head most of the time.
Cal i think you had it on your car a while back too....
I assume this ones a big improvement?

The XFI has 8 extra analog inputs that work on a 5 volt reference.Not sure what you mean by approved,But if its because they didnt design it,I dont believe they design GM engine sensors and NTK 02 sensors

dollar_bill said:
Approved by FAST for use with their box?

That statement shows me just how Sharpe you are. No need to worry about this product, it won't be available to you.

Cheeseburger said:
Hope it works better then the one i had before, was kind of hard to learn and left me scratching my head most of the time.
Cal i think you had it on your car a while back too....
I assume this ones a big improvement?

Yes, that one didn't work out too well for me either. That would just record peak values, this will record actual value (up to 1900+F) and allow you to log it on the XFI or use a stand alone unit

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: I wouldnt buy ANYTHING from you Cal,I want what I paid for ;)

Im wondering if this home made box of yours will burn up a FAST box and if FAST will say,"sorry,thats not approved for use with this box"

Sony PS stuff was like that in the begining and it is unlikely seeing as you work with FAST but stranger things have happened.

And I really dont see any need to spell out my name unless youre trying to start ****.Id expect nothing more from a classy guy like yourself :rolleyes:

dollar_bill said:
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: I wouldnt buy ANYTHING from you Cal,I want what I paid for ;)

Im wondering if this home made box of yours will burn up a FAST box and if FAST will say,"sorry,thats not approved for use with this box"

Sony PS stuff was like that in the begining and it is unlikely seeing as you work with FAST but stranger things have happened.

And I really dont see any need to spell out my name unless youre trying to start ****.Id expect nothing more from a classy guy like yourself :rolleyes:

GO AWAY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dollar_bill said:
I really dont see any need to spell out my name unless youre trying to start ****.Id expect nothing more from a classy guy like yourself :rolleyes:

This is exactly the kind of post I would expect from you :)
I'm just letting everyone know who you are, since you tried to hide behind another nick. What did it take me, 2 posts, to figure out who you were? I was hoping your new nick might mean you were turning over a new leaf. OBVIOUSLY NOT! It was a good try, since you have absolutly zero credability as Broke1.

As for my EGT logger, I test my new products before I dump then on the public. No unproven claims about it being the "Best" or the "Baddest".

The XFI was designed to allow the users to cater it to their needs. This is the reason I came out with the Distributor adaptor, the Driveshaft speed kit, the Fuel/Oil logging kit, the XFI Thimbwheel, etc... Unfortunatly, you won't be able to take advantage of some of these items.

An example of proof that Cal tests his products, I asked him to send me out a EGT logger yesterday and he stated that it has not been on his car and track tested yet and will NOT be released to ANYBODY untill he knows they work as his claims.

Thank you for taking the time to get this much needed product developed.