Spanked a twin-turbo AWD 911 on the big end...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Raven, you keep talking about how fast a porsche is after 100 mph - have you ever driven a turbo buick running 23 psi, TE-60, Eastern front mount and 3600 rpm YANK converter ???? Well, it pulls like a mutha in every gear and I bet it would post some KILLER times in the 75 - 130 sprint. Like I said before, I've raced 2 or 3 vipers and they are much faster than Porsche up top. You are not walking away from a Viper up top.

Also my car always has 100 octane pump Sunoco with Reds 100 chip ( killer timing) and 21 psi ( its cold out now so 23psi) Its not my daily driver and it just ran 11.51@116 at Englishtown at the GM high tech shootout. Made it to the semi-final but broke out with an 11.99 on a 12.00 Dial :mad: (no roll bar). My car is always ready to run Raven - he who pulls up next to me just better be prepared, because I have been at this game a long time.

Raven, its just sad that you couldnt take the story for its face value and leave it at that. Instead you fabricate lies (website last updated in 1999 and you say I just made it- LOL) and you basically talk down our cars. This is a buick forum not turboporsche.com.

Your mods tell part of the story for you lack of buick power faith (stocker)- So, I suggest you get your butt in a kickass turbo buick that runs over 20psi boost and a front mount so that you can experience some Porsche killing power for yourself.:eek:

Raven - I added the Porsche killer title to my to my name/profile in memory of you - LOL.

COME ON ALREADY! Can't you all let this thing die and go away? I'm tired of seeing this thread at the top. Just let it go.

Ryan

Revisited...

Originally posted by Turbosix6
Raven - I added the Porsche killer title to my to my name/profile in memory of you - LOL.

Thanks. I've always enjoyed a good joke. ;) "Porsche Killer"... quit, my sides are hurting...

And why let the thread "die"? I think it's interesting to see so much interest in a topic. Just check out the number of views - 1600+ - LOT of people are interested in this.

And yes I have driven TR's with well in excess of 23 psi, front mounts, high stall convertors, etc, and they ARE impressive. Have you ever driven the Porsche or Viper? Didn't think so. If you had, you would KNOW that the Viper and the Porsche are equally impressive - and, at every speed, and especially from 100 mph on. The TT does NOT fall on it's face at any speed, nor does it take forever to get to 150 or more. I've also driven the C5 as well as a Z06 which are incredible cars (especially the Z06) and like I said, the Viper GTS and GTS-ACR. There is a world of difference in the Viper and Porsche, just as much as there is in a modded TR and other performance cars.

A Porsche not outrunning a Viper on top? Man, what have you been smoking? :D If you're talking about a Hennesey Venom that's one thing, but stock versus stock, I'll put my money on the Porsche TT any day of the week if the drivers are comparable.

No, I'm NOT a Porsche-phile tooting Herr Porsche's horn on a TR board - but I do love and know the Porsche TT and the GTS Viper almost as much as the TR. I've been a member of this great BB for about three years and am very loyal to it. I've had TR's for many,many years (I'm 47)and bought two of them brand new in '87, including the GNX. So, I'm not a closet TR fan wannabe. I'm also college educated (engineering/math/physics) and am an avid performance car enthusiast, having garnered many hours of actual seat time in ultra high performance automobiles. I'm not into bench racing per se, but I do enjoy a good discussion that involves logic and fact, not hypothesis and wishful thinking. I believe in the real world of facts and capability, not "I think I was doing 150mph +, etc, etc, etc". Ergo, my adamant position of refuting the claim of anyone's high 11 second TR killing a Porsche TT AWD on the big end. It just ain't likely to happen in the real world. Killing a Porsche Turbo look-alike (because it is easy to confuse the Carrera with the Turbo) is certainly believable and if this kill was in fact a kill, that is what lost to the Buick - NOT a TT AWD. Period.

Good discussion though.

few points..

"And yes I have driven TR's with well in excess of 23 psi, front mounts, high stall convertors, etc, and they ARE impressive. Have you ever driven the Porsche or Viper? Didn't think so. If you had, you would KNOW that the Viper and the Porsche are equally impressive - and, at every speed, and especially from 100 mph on. The TT does NOT fall on it's face at any speed, nor does it take forever to get to 150 or more. I've also driven the C5 as well as a Z06 which are incredible cars (especially the Z06) and like I said, the Viper GTS and GTS-ACR. There is a world of difference in the Viper and Porsche, just as much as there is in a modded TR and other performance cars. "

Keep in mind, a viper gts, z06 vette, and porsche TT require great driver skill to tap into the true power of these impressive sports cars, where as a well tuned buick with race fuel and boost is fair easier to get the max performance from, you get in the car and put it into a third a gear and floor board it. ;)

So, since driver skill could mean, lets say 3-5 tenths or even more(ive seen more in person, with z-28s and mustangs at drag strips)
Then why not believe the guy in the porsche could not drive which could easily workout to a waxing by a well tuned mid 11's TR, 115 is a midd 11's mph with good traction :p

As for the way the story was told, so maybe it was a little spiced up, think i would spice it up to if i killed a 911 tt awd, that is like a once in the lifetime kill, regardless of drivers skill, what speed it happened at, and all the other minor details.

Keep debating:cool:

Shoebox

Re: Revisited...

Originally posted by Raven

A Porsche not outrunning a Viper on top? Man, what have you been smoking? :D If you're talking about a Hennesey Venom that's one thing, but stock versus stock, I'll put my money on the Porsche TT any day of the week if the drivers are comparable.

I agree, the Porsche TT should beat a Viper. I've driven a regular Viper, and I have to say I wasn't very impressed. Sure it's a cool car, but I thought it felt alot like an 84 Vette with a 502 bigblock or something of that matter. Very unrefined, lots of rattles, poor throttle response, and the car feels like a hunk of fiberglass that was bolted to a V10.

I would design a different intake for that car, there's about 18" that the air has to tracel to reach the back cylinders after it goes through the throttle body. Luckily it's got the torque to bust the tires so that you don't notice it right off.

Porsche TT vs. Viper, Porsche hands down.

The last Porsche I drove was about 4 years ago in Arizona, it was a mid 80's turbo and it felt way better than the Viper I droce 2 years ago.

Turbosix6,
You have some huge balls to say the least. To run that car, any car, up to 150 on the street and actually check the mirror to see the 7 car gap is nuts! The fastest I have been is about 120-130 and I had serious case of tunnel vision and was white knuckled like never before. There could have been a dozen cops on my bumper and I would have never known :) . You get the I'm crazy award.

Yea, it was crazy - but how many opportunities do you get to race a Twinturbo AWD 911 on a super smooth 4 lane road with no lights for at least 2 miles?? Not many.

I am not a big fan of top end racing on the street because of all the crap I have seen happen - so I dont recommend it. I never unleash 4th gear WOT because I usually dont need to but that evening was special and I bet that porsche owner will never forget the whoopin he got.

The bottom line is that I gave that Porsche 3 chances and he lost all 3 times. He even pulled over to chat and commented that he couldnt believe how fast it ran - his friend was stunned and was pretty much speachless. It was one of the best races I have ever had and that is why I shared it with you guys.

See you at E-Town - bring your Porsche Raven ;) - LOL

Oh, really?

The bottom line is that I gave that Porsche 3 chances and he lost all 3 times.

Three times? Your story only said you ran him twice. What's up with that?

He even pulled over to chat and commented that he couldnt believe how fast it ran - his friend was stunned and was pretty much speachless. It was one of the best races I have ever had and that is why I shared it with you guys.

Oh, and now the Porsche driver (who loves to converse out an open window at 80 mph) has a friend in the car that wasn't there before? Ok... :rolleyes:

So... anything else different now? Perhaps it was in snow through Death Valley? :D Or, the Porsche was pulling a 40' trailer loaded with scrap iron? Maybe it was skateboarded, slammed in the weeds, and then funked out with hydraulics for the ultra-cool bounce contests? LOL

See you at E-Town - bring your Porsche Raven ;) - LOL

Man, if you were anywhere near me I would be glad to take you up on it. But not in the quarter - top end only... from an 80 mph roll. Yeah...THAT would be fun.

You know... I've had a lot of fun debating this with you and the others here. I'll never ever believe that you killed a TT AWD Turbo. You might have killed a Carrera but you've claimed all along it was the mighty Turbo.

So what's it like living on Fantasy Island? ;)

Raven you dont quit do you - I guess you missed the post that mentioned his freind - its okay, because I now know that you are a certified LOSER. Heres the post if you want to try and analyze some more - get a life bro and stop knocking Buick power. Go to the Porsche board if you feel the need..

Okay guys, I'm glad I got some response!! Yea it was a TWIN-TURBO carerra 4S with a fixed (in-place) rear spoiler. This guy knew what he was doing too - He asked me if it ran 10's!? If you would have seen the look on (B)his friends face it was priceless(/B) - that guy will NEVER look at a buick regal the same again!! They probably never saw a car pull away from them so fast - I guess if we would have gone from a roll at 130 he might have got me- LOL
I was as shocked as anyone when he told me he was doing over 140mph - but I have thought about and since the car does 116 at the top of third (trap speed) and I held it in fourth pretty long - 150 (+35mph) or more is not out of the question. This car just keeps accelerating so fast through ALL the gears. ( I bet that turbo exhaust housing was glowing brightly)

I wasn't going to post on this but I just need to know. My friend has a recent sales brochure. It says that the Carrera 4s is only available in non-turbo form. Does anyone know any different?:confused:

Originally posted by 1WE4
I wasn't going to post on this but I just need to know. My friend has a recent sales brochure. It says that the Carrera 4s is only available in non-turbo form. Does anyone know any different?:confused:

Oooooops.:eek: :p

Not sure who said it was a carrera :confused: - it was a 95-97 AWD - twinturbo 911 with a "fixed" rear spoiler. Only the bad-ass cars came with the fixed rear wing. Or, you might ask Raven since he knows it all :rolleyes:

Raven you dont quit do you - I guess you missed the post that mentioned his freind - its okay, because I now know that you are a certified LOSER. Heres the post if you want to try and analyze some more - get a life bro and stop knocking Buick power. Go to the Porsche board if you feel the need..

Ah man, why don't you quit before you lose every shred of credibility about this purported 'story'? First it's a Carerra 4s, then it's not, then it was a Carerra with the fixed spoiler which according to you is the 'bad-ass' TT AWD. :rolleyes: And, you're positive now it was a '95 - '97 - c'mon dude, give it up.

And shame on you - calling people names (loser, liar, etc...)! Tsk, tsk, tsk... play nice now.

Why don't you just admit it? You're really not sure it was a TT AWD. No harm in making that mistake - it's easy to do, and we all know it. You killed a Carrera that looks just like a TT. And spoiler mounting is NOT the end-all/be-all method to determine if it was truly an AWD TT. You've never once mentioned seeing the word Turbo on the car, yet you're so sure of the spoiler type. And just FYI, you better recheck your info about that too. ;)

You killed a non-Turbo, non-AWD Carerra 4s that does in fact look like a Turbo, and maybe hit 130-140 or so doing it. THAT is believable. Good kill.

Boy Raven, your a persistent little bugger. :p Now it looks like it is finally paying off.;) Now it sounds like the details in the story may have been an honest mistake right from the beginning. Oh well.:cool:

Ryan

KEEP DREAMING RAVEN - I suppose the owner of the car didn't know it was a twin-turbo huh. You are really pathetic and should just move on to a new thread or life....

Bye the way, are you a women?? because the way you selectively pick and choose sentences out of context remindes me of arguing with a women.

How many times did you jump to accuse me of lying?? Lets see

-(post #6 pg.3)The web site which was made in 99 - you said I made it 2 days ago- LOL LIAR

-(post 14 pg.1)The guy had a friend in his car- you say he didnt- LOL LIAR

-(post #14 pg.1)It was a TWIN-TURBO carerra 4S with a fixed (in-place) rear spoiler. - Your saying check my info on the spoiler, there it is my first response. LOL LIAR

Okay I'm done making you look silly - so when you get your hands on a TT 911 give me a call - untill then put a lid on it.

KEEP DREAMING RAVEN - I suppose the owner of the car didn't know it was a twin-turbo huh. You are really pathetic and should just move on to a new thread or life....

Ah, c'mon - now you're calling me "pathetic" too? After I tell you good kill? Now that really hurts me. And, once again we see that you like to change or add to the facts as you go, don't we? No mention until now that the guy told you it was a TT AWD, yet if he supposedly said so he never told you the year? Uh... sure.

Bye the way, are you a women?? because the way you selectively pick and choose sentences out of context remindes me of arguing with a women.

Uh, I think you mean "Bye the way, are you a woman??" No. And you always argue with a "women"? So, how old are you? Had any education in grammar and syntax yet? LOL Oh - and "bye" to you, too! :D Out of context? Dude, your whole story is one big case of being out of context! Hahaha!!!

How many times did you jump to accuse me of lying??

That's easy to answer - every time you said you killed a TT AWD Porsche! But - I never called you a liar in so many words - I only said that the kill was bogus if in fact you were insistent it was a TT AWD - and I'm still waving that BS flag.

Lets see

-(post #6 pg.3)The web site which was made in 99 - you said I made it 2 days ago- LOL LIAR

You're too easy, dude. And by the way, it was you who used the insidious term "liar", not me.

(post 14 pg.1)The guy had a friend in his car- you say he didnt- LOL LIAR

You made no mention of the supposed "friend" until further into the story. I never once said he didn't have a friend - only that, as is par for the course here, you're adding supposedly supporting evidence as you go. If you were in court, your case would have been tossed LONG ago. Oh - by the way - YOU are the one who likes to call names, not me. ;)

-(post #14 pg.1)It was a TWIN-TURBO carerra 4S with a fixed (in-place) rear spoiler. - Your saying check my info on the spoiler, there it is my first response. LOL LIAR

Sheesh... (Raven shakes his head...) ... when I said "check your info" I meant that you better take the time and research what exactly it is that you're using to define how you can be so damned sure it's a TT AWD - because you do NOT know what you're talking about. Just like this 'nugget' in this thread... :rolleyes:

Okay I'm done making you look silly - so when you get your hands on a TT 911 give me a call - untill then put a lid on it.

I don't have to make you look silly my friend - you do that for me. And you've never yet made me look bad/silly or otherwise - you keep supporting my assertion with each and every post you make. So, I think I'll leave my "lid" off a tad longer - just for you! You're bringing a knife to a gunfight if you want to keep debating this. And when I do finally buy a 911 TT AWD, you will be the first I'll let know. ;)

Again, good kill on the Carerra 4s.

I'm done messin' with you, Turbosix6 - we all know the story now. Keep the sunny side up.

Why don't you guy's just let this one go. We allready know that this story never happened.

Give it up !

Geez, when I first posted this I didn't think it would be checked for grammar and spelling -LOL. In any event, I will always have the fond memory of spanking that Porshe turbo and you will just have memories of being a pud on the Buick thread.

BUICK 1 - PORSCHE 0
thats the way it stands RAVEN. The Porsche driver was a much better sport than you.

30 lashings for lack of Buick faith :eek:

Dug this 96 up for your keep dreaming file and its the same model that I "schooled" - add that word to your dictionary.

http://members.tripod.com/~msherman/1996_911_turbo.html

Status
Not open for further replies.