Stage 2 GN build

Sometimes with a big cam you just have to run a little richer mine with the offset dialed in
Won't run at 13.5 but will run 13.0

Makes sense. Either way it shouldn't effect WOT that much because the dead time is such a small percentage of the pw as the opening time increases. Would you agree?

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app
That's right. You can fine tune the idle and VE numbers low on the map without effecting the tune at WOT.

Sometimes with a big cam you just have to run a little richer mine with the offset dialed in
Won't run at 13.5 but will run 13.0
Also correct. Some cars like different a/f ratios. I have a 565 Big block Chevy rock crawler in the shop now and it needs 12.8-13.0 to idle.

Big thanks Dusty, that helped alot. VE numbers in the 9 cells around where it's idling are 36-39 and it's idling in gear at 950 with 13.5 a/f.

I got lucky then guessing without a log. Lol. Get a log of the tip in and shoot it back to me when you get a chance with the gct used. I reset the range of the injector offset to get it in a more usable area but we can still move it up or down if needed.

Seem;s like a pretty mild cam that thing should idle at 14.8AF? Not 13.0AF

Just need to see idle vacuum and i can ball park its size...

The roads dried up just enough to go for another spin, this time I had a friend watching a/f so I could pay attention to the road. No video, but my impressions so far: A 277" v6 spools a 67mm turbo real real easy. MT 275 pro radials hook real well even on a semi damp street. The motor makes a shit load of power even at low boost (co2 bottle off). :eek: I giggled like a little girl when the tires finally broke loose.

The car finally went down the track for the first time yesterday at the GS nats. I have to thank Chris Hogeland and crew for helping with the car and Chris for doing a great job driving. I was almost too nervous to even watch, much less drive. Also have to thank Cal Hartline for helping with the FAST and giving us some good advice and overlooking the data.

Thursday was a bust, we fooled with the FAST boost controller for a while and couldn't get what we wanted out of it. So, Chris bought an AMS-1000 from Cal and we put it on that night.

Friday morning we got it all ironed out just in time for TSM peer tech. No issues there, so we scaled the car. It was 3415 with Chris in the drivers seat, so we added ballast to get it up to the legal 3450. It will be over 3450 with me in the car and no ballast. We made the first pass just before the first round of qualifying. Chris and Todd Humphries put what they though would be a good baseline in the AMS and they were dead on. Chris ran it to the 1/8th mile and let off just to get a baseline. I though I was going to have a hear attack watching it leave, but when the wheels only came up about 1' and set down 40' out I was relieved. It went down the track better than I could have imagined. Time sheet on the left.

We skipped the first round of qualifying so Cal could look at the datalog. It looked good and so did the plugs. So we added a little boost at launch and a little down track for the second round. It went all the way out the back under full power and straight as an arrow. Results are on the right time sheet.

I never would have imagined it would do that by the second pass. Everything worked right. Chris has built one heck of a motor and he got the converter just right and I got lucky on the chassis setup. We wanted to get after it today, but the rain held us off. I don't know how much more it has, but even where we ran the boost on the second pass if we cleaned a few things up and make some small changes on the car it should be right there with the other TSM low qualifiers.

I have a few things that need some tweaking and I have an issue with the FAST to resolve, but for now it's running better than could be expected. It ran a low 9 and came home in one piece. I'm calling it a success and taking a much needed break.

null_zpsc6a7c19e.jpg

Congrats. That's moving really good.

I hope your cage is certified for 8's because I think you are going to need it.

It was a nice run and a damn nice car. Good luck and great build.