Street outlaws

John, I was street racing back in the late 70's! I remember $$ being thrown around but not 1K, Two-three hundred maybe but this was the late '70's and we were kids in High School.

David you just proved my point. A few hundred as high school kids in the 70s has to be much more than a few grand for adults in today's age.

David you just proved my point. A few hundred as high school kids in the 70s has to be much more than a few grand for adults in today's age.

Yeah I guess so but even today how many people can throw around that kind of $$$. Shhhhh I have gone to many street races and the normal is about a hundred or two. You have to admit 1K and up is not the norm. Now if the money is pooled together then you get some high numbers but not usually from one person.

Hell I wouldn't even trust someone to pay up that kind of money especially if they thought they got hustled. And that makes me think of Farm truck, his days are probably numbered.

Street racing back in the late 80's on long island. A street race was everywhere.
Low end $2-300
High end. $2-3 grand
Street cars. not drag cars
We drove them to the race and drove them home

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Yeah I guess so but even today how many people can throw around that kind of $$$. Shhhhh I have gone to many street races and the normal is about a hundred or two. You have to admit 1K and up is not the norm. Now if the money is pooled together then you get some high numbers but not usually from one person.

Hell I wouldn't even trust someone to pay up that kind of money especially if they thought they got hustled. And that makes me think of Farm truck, his days are probably numbered.
That's why you brings crew. Pool the money and be able to collect if needed.
Manama, emerald, northwest highway, farmers branch where 161 is now. Quaker oats, astro drive in off loop 12, down south in desoto off the freeway service road across from the home depot.
Ft worth trinity behind Bell helicopter, mark IV pkwy, will rogers behind miller brewery, garden acres exit down i35.
Never saw more than a few hundred change hands on a race.
Good times. This was late eighties early ninties for me. Before all the cdl stuff, I can afford to have mine taken so I take it to the track.

That's why you brings crew. Pool the money and be able to collect if needed.
Manama, emerald, northwest highway, farmers branch where 161 is now. Quaker oats, astro drive in off loop 12, down south in desoto off the freeway service road across from the home depot.
Ft worth trinity behind Bell helicopter, mark IV pkwy, will rogers behind miller brewery, garden acres exit down i35.
Never saw more than a few hundred change hands on a race.
Good times. This was late eighties early ninties for me. Before all the cdl stuff, I can afford to have mine taken so I take it to the track.

Not only lose your CDL, you'll lose your car too in TX.

Bringing back memories of Manana and all the street racing going on. I had a 70 stage 1 that I ran back in the early 80's. Lots of racing going on and the most that was changing hands was 50 bucks. Good Times... Being in OKC myself now, It looks like a lot of the races are happening at the ElReno Airport. I enjoy the show, at least it's better than some of the other junk on air.

Oklahoma invades California. Type in "street outlaws: okc vs ca" in youtube. Actual race is off 138 in lancaster, I believe.

Does anyone see the advertising tees,banners,stickers

Oklahoma has the fastest street cars in the nation? This guy has never been to Detroit then. At any rate, this is NOT street racing. Not even CLOSE to street racing. It's a weird, messed up version of Pinks. I drive all day, and never see 1000 hp tubbed cars in the supermarket parking lots. Oklahoma sure is weird...

Everyones definition of a "Street Car" is different. Heck, the guys from Texas were goint to bring a Pro Mod but it broke. The firehawk they did bring was in no way a street car.... They even wanted to prep the whole 1/8mile pavement!
The OKC boys are just pushing the envelope on the street IMO. I really enjoy the show because there is nothing else to watch....RIP speed channel.

Everyones definition of a "Street Car" is different. Heck, the guys from Texas were goint to bring a Pro Mod but it broke. The firehawk they did bring was in no way a street car.... They even wanted to prep the whole 1/8mile pavement!
The OKC boys are just pushing the envelope on the street IMO. I really enjoy the show because there is nothing else to watch....RIP speed channel.

Get HD if don't already have it and you'll get the Velocity ch much better than Speed ever was! It's ch. 281 on DirecTV

Few things to know about Street Outlaws, since they were just in SoCal a few weeks ago to film.

- They race on the street, BUT the film crew pulls permits, blocks it off, and sets up the lighting. Not a true street race, where you are looking over your shoulder for the cops.
- Money is fake. Film crew gave each side $1k-$2k before filming started so they could "bet" on camera.
- All the Cali cars picked, had to pass tech, as if it was at a track.
- All drivers needed to have an NHRA license as well.
- Only 4 people were allowed per car...1 drver and 3 spectators per crew
- OKC had 1-2 days to test on the "track" picked, while Cali had 0.
- OKC won all "races", Cali lost
- Rumors circulated Cali was paid off, but no facts to back it up
- Videos are all over Youtube (activehoodrich)

Cali cars picked for the show, were not the fastest out there, due to rules set forth by the show.

However, the OKC crew (Sonoma and Murder Nova) came out to Compton, to a crowd of 400+ cars and over 1k people lining the streets. Team Boddie was out with their Nova from Norcal, ready to race.

Will give OKC credit tho. Sonoma came off the trailer as the "eye in the sky" was right on him, and he was down to race.

Cool guys, but the show is not all it seems.

David, you just haven't been exposed to real street racing like this before. I remember being at Denton in the early 2000s and seeing some match races for easily $1000 plus.. that was over a decade ago.

Come to Cali....$5000-$10,000 races are not uncommon, even a couple $15k+ races pop off.

Just had a 70s camaro (468 BBC + 400shot of NOS) take out an 1000hp AWD Sierra (6.2L/Blower/NOS) for $7000

Camaro hung tire as well.

First Chick just made the Top 10 on tonight's episode. So long Farmtruck!!!
This girl is Hot and Fast!!!

Back in the 90's we had a similar scene in Indy on bikes. I had a CBR 600 with a 900RR motor stuffed under the plastic and a progressive NOS hidden as well. I would let guys with the 750's and 900's talk shit and make them give me 3-5 bike lengths. I would let them win by half a bike. We would usually go for $2-300. Some of the big boys would go for $1-2000. Those were the monster hp bikes 2-300 hp. Sold the bike when I joined the Navy and after that the wife didn't want me to get another bike so I bought the GN.

I am proud to say I only lost once! The guy beat me at my own game. He had a gsxr 750 with a 1100 in it without a bottle but this thing was a beast. My bike ran in the 9's and I would say that bike was in the 8's. I miss those days. Ended up getting to know the guy pretty well and he let me in on what he had and I did the same. We both had a laugh but he had my money so he had a better laugh.

Nice story but I've never been impressed by bikes. Too many young punk ass kids ride them in my town and I'm gonna silence them soon. A mid 9 street car and a driver with 3 decades of street prowess, will teach them a lesson.

The new Hot Chick on the Top 10 list is a screamin' babe....burn me...burn me!!! Hahaha

Be careful trying to silence all of them. A guy at work has full blown drag bike that is streetable! It has ran a 8.0 with a conservative tune and shifting without the air shifter.

I love to put the beat down on bikes with the Buick. For now I have to stick to the Harley's though.

Street Outlaws is interesting but I agree that the only street car is the farmtruck. I would rather watch Street Outlaws than some of the stupid Teen Mom or Honey Boo Boo crap. At least they are fast cars and not spoiled kids!