Street outlaws

It's all in the tuning, no secret here
Your right Joe...but it's suspension tuning...not engine. The street is only going to hold so much power. If you can only get 800 ponies to stick...what good is 2200??? That "glue" they dump on the street is sticky. Ruins tires, but sticky.

Yea really, those guys are nuts and all trying to hook up give er take 2000hp. 4 link suspension with a soft tune. Well softer tune for they're test passes then then always get a lil greedy and turn it up for the race. Boy if I had the money...... I would go out there but with a stage motor GN.

If i had the $$ ill be calling NELSON Racing Engines or Pro line.. Built me the badest v6 ever..i think the nova runs a pro line motor n they also not from oKC...

Someday they will get a TR on the show. Watch the ratings go up when that happens. :eek:

Btw, these guys must be ballers. Just look at the garages, and they probably don't work much. Lol

Last edited:
It's all staged, and hardly a street car representation in my mind.

I used to street race back in the 80's and let me tell you we didn't have light pods lining the 1/4 mile.

Also how come the cops show up when they test one run when trying to dial in for a race, but when it comes to race time they manage to get off five or more races with nary a blue light or shout of five-O !!! get out of here!!!

THERE'S NOTHING REAL ABOUT REALITY T.V. it's all scripted. The only thing real is WWE wrestling, just ask any redneck they'll tell you.

Yea we all kno is as real as the tooth fairy (thta been beat to dead)
but no boubt that those car are worth some serious $$ n they can put some low 1/4 times.. Is still better than anything on TV in my side of town.

I don't get why they insert the sound effect of a starters pistol when the starter turns his flashlight on and at the finish line it always sounds like a Indy car just past by.

I wonder how much they're getting paid by the network for giving us all this truly real street racing in Oklahoma adventure??

I bet it's enough to refresh their engines and buy any part they want/need to keep the show going HUH!!!

Define bad?

That show is fantasy island for drag race enthusiasts who don't care how it's portrayed.
Well my friend, you obviously watch it. So it's not that bad during that time, but then someone always has to bad mouth something to make them selves feel better in one way or another. So what's your definition of fantasy?

Well my friend, you obviously watch it. So it's not that bad during that time, but then someone always has to bad mouth something to make them selves feel better in one way or another. So what's your definition of fantasy?

1) I have watched it yes.

2) I'm not bad mouthing anything to make myself feel better, just stating the truth. It's not real street racing.

3) This is a family board and I won't divulge my definition of a fantasy as I think that owning a 9sec. GN would make me OOOHHH AAHHHHMMMM GREAT, I just blew my oil all over the garage floor.

Last edited:
I like the show. Funny thing is it gets better ratings than the nhra does. It may have some scripted parts, but it is good entertainment.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I agree with coach. 90 percent of street bikes just have exhaust, power commander, and a smaller gear at best. it's the bikes that are stretched that
you would have to watch out for. street bikes are slow taking off and its not like you would be racing a full quarter mile. I have a 05 r1 and have never raced
a car with it yet but would like to see the difference between on the track and on the street. will find out this year when I get my buick running from engine rebuild
and other goodies. They should run pretty close times in the 1/4. Can't wait to run against them.

Happy New Year.

This is the 20XX's... not the 70's, 80's, 90's or 200x's... in the 90's, over a decade ago in OKC they were street racing exactly this way - remote country road, guys lighting the streets with headlights and pimp juice. I don't know what guys were doing in the rest of the country but this was reality in OKC.

There isn't one race on the show where the winner/loser didn't make complete sense, so I don't know why guys have such a problem with the races being real.

The races are real, the light pods and lack of five-O show it's staged.

STREET maybe, OUTLAW, no way it's scripted and approved by law enforcement.

I'm going to watch it and see if There are ambulances in the background in case of a mishap.

If a trace of anything like that appears will you admit that it's not real street racing, just entertainment.