Street outlaws

I like the show. I think it is funny by how upset people get by it. people get mad over the fact that the say they have the fastest street cars. peoples definition of a street car are totally different.
In my opinion if they have operating lights and a legal license plate they are a street car. they have the looks of a drag car but are street legal. If they looked like cars parked at the grocery store than
they would not be the fastest street cars. I also have a feeling these guys were racing on the street before discovery channel showed up:rolleyes: Just my 2 cents.

My wife Tina saw the episode with the girl Tina beating the farmtruck she is now interested.

They're hunting for more viewers, women watch TV right?

So the fastest street truck in the Oklahoma / The Nation get his engines built in Texas! What? lol

Yeah, but they only last one pass between rebuilds. OUCH!!
With the money the network pays them I'm sure they have four or five drivetrains ready for back up so they won't have to cut filming for a week or two while someone waits for parts or an engine rebuild.

The races are real, the light pods and lack of five-O show it's staged.

STREET maybe, OUTLAW, no way it's scripted and approved by law enforcement.

I'm going to watch it and see if There are ambulances in the background in case of a mishap.

If a trace of anything like that appears will you admit that it's not real street racing, just entertainment.

I already proved this in post #66

Okay, consider it reconfirmed kid from Pissburgh.

I'm going down to the giant eegle to get some dip now.

I also have a feeling these guys were racing on the street before discovery channel showed up:rolleyes: Just my 2 cents.

Its also not the first time they've been on tv either. Theres an old epispde of Pinks where Azn and Daddy Dave, along with some of the familiar faces of the OKC crew, had their Fox mustang against some Honda (I think). Daddy Dave was the driver.

The Mustang crew won themselves a Honda that day.:)

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Who cares if its real im just glad to see a drag race oriented show on tv instead of all the other garbage and no speed channel.....

I like it, but it is over dramatic sometimes a bit. Specially with the cops and all like discovery is going to let them get into trouble.

However this is a good show and I like it. Reminds me of the old days out with my Dad when raced on Northwest Highway in Dallas,Tx...

Sent while waiting for boost to build.....

I like it, but it is over dramatic sometimes a bit. Specially with the cops and all like discovery is going to let them get into trouble.

However this is a good show and I like it. Reminds me of the old days out with my Dad when raced on Northwest Highway in Dallas,Tx...

Sent while waiting for boost to build.....
Hey Goat...where the hell have you been???

Hey Goat...where the hell have you been???
Sir I had to do some very important searching and find myself again. I forgot who I once was.

Sent while waiting for boost to build...

The pass he made on the show. He shook the tires on the first try...then it hooked on the second... Fast and straight!!! I want to see more actual driving...not trailering and testing...then back on the trailer.
If its a "street car"...get in the damn thing and drive it to the test sight and then test it. They act like they can't make it to the test pass. I love the show, but don't have a real respect for their claim to fame as "street cars".
I'm really liking the Hurst Olds that has made the list. That's a quality car for sure.
If a "Street Race" club started in my area...Rule 1 would be...
"Drive your car to the race!!!" Any sight of it on a trailer BEFORE the race is automatic DQ. Might need the trailer after...but we all have needed them after a really good time. I've needed a trailer and a Jegs catalog after a few good nights.

Murder Nova is getting a new heart, from what I heard.

Good bye ProCharger, hello twin turbo.

Yes the show, the races, and "track" is scripted......HOWEVER OKC was ready to run for $$$$ in LA.

The show is good in its own niche, but there is not much reality in reality tv.

Another crew loaned OKC several trailers and they made the drive, unloaded their cars in front of 500+ people on 135th/Main, ready to run what you brung. .

3 new hours of shows starting at 8:00 PM est

Last edited by a moderator:
Most likely Justin (big chief's) Pontiac Lemans - it used to be purely a daily driven street car - that was 15 years ago though.. probably a 7 sec ride now.

I gotta say...these "so called" Street cars are always worried about the cops. Well if they would actually drive their cars to the test run...they would not get caught. Trucks...trailers...people...cameras...
Jesus lord...might as well have the damn Goodyear blimp flying over with a freakin' ad running on it.
We use to "drive" our big tire cars all over...and "test" them out all the time. I actually use to kick it into neutral and coast past cops sitting on the side of the road because of my exhaust.
A little common sense would go a long way in OKC.

justins 3k hp top secret. show states some of the boys from dragweek goin rounds that will be cool.

I gotta say...these "so called" Street cars are always worried about the cops. Well if they would actually drive their cars to the test run...they would not get caught. Trucks...trailers...people...cameras...
Jesus lord...might as well have the damn Goodyear blimp flying over with a freakin' ad running on it.
We use to "drive" our big tire cars all over...and "test" them out all the time. I actually use to kick it into neutral and coast past cops sitting on the side of the road because of my exhaust.
A little common sense would go a long way in OKC.

Roads they test on, majority of the time, have permits pulled by the film crew in advance.

They also have access to various airports in the surrounding areas to test/run as well.