Sunday 3/16, Crabby Jack's in Deerfield @ 6ish

Don't we ALL wish we had back all the $$$ we spent on the wrong ****.
Problem is most of the vendors will tell you you NEED all of their crap.
You have to have friends that can 'adopt you'.

Now someone tell him he needs my Hemco HA HA

Terry

go ahead, be big brother all you want, i appericate it in a way, its cool that other people can pass on there knowlegde, see after you set me strait i can set other people strait.. but anyways the stuff thats in my sig is pretty much the stuff that i was going to get for my car over the summer, and it pretty much is in order that i was going to do it..

as for gauges i was going to get water, oil and boost.... and i was going to do the fuel system all at the same time after the gauges.. i already got a power plate, its just not installed...

maybe if i get the scan master before the next club meet you or some one can help me get my car tuned right... shawn said he was going to be at the last one and hook his turbo link up to it, but he never showed.. punk ;)

-neil

Originally posted by Vendor Defendor
shawn said he was going to be at the last one and hook his turbo link up to it

He prolly wouldn't know what to do for that point on. :D

Nah, but the truth is not too many people know how to tune these cars correctly . I only know 2 people that really know what they are doing. I'm no expert as you can see from the so so times in my sig, but I'm getting there.

It's all about learning what it is that your car likes, not guessing. Then, the fun begins.

I'm willing to share with you everything I know and have learned through the years, and give you some tips on what I think you should do, but I won't touch your car.

Blowing someones car up is not something that I'll take too easy, specially when I prolly wouldn't be able to fix it. (I'm no mechanic)

First thing you need is a scanmaster. (again, yeah, I know, sorry) :D Believe it or not, the Scanmaster will tell you what you need from that point on.

We are all friends in the club. Except for maybe that Freddy guy. :D Stay away from him, he tries to beat everyone up. :D :p

Just messing with ya Fred. I don't want any piece of ya. :D

:cool:

well if over the summer i got the stuff in the to do list do you think i will have a nice car? because im probably to have the money and nothing to spend it on... :D so i figured i would blow it on the car :D

-neil

You have enough in your sig. to go 11.50's. Will you actually get their? Probably not.

You need to learn how to drive your car first. So figure about 20 passes just to get the launch down. 14.3 and 15.4 in your sig really has nothing to do with traction (beleive it or not). It's about driving the car right. You are your own worst enemy right now.

I went 13.2 with a (yes, non posi!) bald 235/60/15 before I went to the 44 turbo. I still can't say I know how to drive this car.

...it takes lots of practice....

no it was traction, i think, i dont think wheel hop is dictated by how i launch is it? when i launched the car like that that i had the converter already locked... the tranny did all the shifting (it was in 3rd not 4th) and at 4psi.

and the last run, when i did the 15.3 i had really really bad wheel hop and the car walked its self around a little bit, enought to say i was looking at 11 o'clock by the 330' mark...

can you give me a crash course on how to launch the car.. and the way i was thinking is if i get all that stuff done to my car over the summer, i will have a lot more to work with.. anyways

-neil

Actually, most of the time it's the drivers fault for wheel hop. I did this once and it felt so cool, but I was never able to do it again. Thats how I know it was me, and not the car. You can check springs, shocks, Air psi, etc. just to make sure everythings O.K.

I'll let you know next time I head out to the track. Maybe you'll take your car and work on the launch.

Originally posted by Turbojorge
You can check springs, shocks, Air psi, etc. just to make sure everythings O.K.

see at the time i didnt have air bags, and the shocks have been replaced and i was on bald ass pirelles or whatever and i had wheel hop all three runs... i even had wheel hop during the little burn out that i did...

-neil

Trouble maker

Originally posted by Turbojorge
We are all friends in the club. Except for maybe that Freddy guy. :D Stay away from him, he tries to beat everyone up. :D :p

Just messing with ya Fred. I don't want any piece of ya. :D

:cool:
;)