Sunday 3/16, Crabby Jack's in Deerfield @ 6ish

lol. I don't mind that he called it a POS. Seems to me like he was just being real.

I don't know about some of these mods. If someone goes to the track with part "A", and runs 12.0. Then, they put part "B" on, and run 11.8, what does that mean? How can everything be kept the same? Air temp, track temp, reaction time, knock, day of the week, time of day, humidity, water temp, oil temp, wind, act of god, locusts, etc.:confused:

I can gain 2/10 by putting on a "trash can" intercooler scoop and another 1/10 by chucking some ice in to it right before my run...:cool:

No flame, Keith.

Originally posted by jsta6

How can everything be kept the same? Air temp, track temp, reaction time, knock, day of the week, time of day, humidity, water temp, oil temp, wind, act of god, locusts, etc.:confused:

FYI-Despite popular belief, reaction time has nothing to do with ET.;)

...As for everything else stated in your post, I agree that it is hard to duplicate exact conditons to see if an actual gain can be realized. However, dyno's usually can tell you if you actually picked up HSP, since most of the conditions that effect ET, don't effect Dynoing the car besides ****ty air.

What Shawn said is true. Considering my best time was 12.84 and previously my best time was 12.98 with zero changes, it shows how inconsistent a car can be and the driver too. If between those two runs I had put a GReddy sticker on the windshield, I coulda said "Wow...that sticker gave me a tenth and a half!"

Dyno tuning is the only way to really check out a part, as Alex said.

Reference the plenum: it looks cool, I wanted one, I bought one. Will I get 50 more hp from it? No. Will I get more power out of it over what I have? Yes. Are there more things in development at Mease that use this plenum as a combination and ultimately provide even more power? I guess you'd have to ask Keith. ;)

Honestly I don't know what all the fuss is about.

Test and tune, no.

It will never have a direct effect on ET, no matter what type of drag racing you are doing wether it it be bracket racing, etc. It will effect the outcome of race since, if your reaction time sucks, you are giving you opponent a head start depending on how slow you are.:eek:

. Are there more things in development at Mease that use this plenum as a combination and ultimately provide even more power? I guess you'd have to ask Keith.

Boy, there is a sucker born everyday.:rolleyes: ;) I guess Keith is a good sales man, with a good "pitch".;) You will gain from other go-fast parts like bigger turbo's, heads, better IC, etc..but the plenum will have little or nothing to do with it. Its function is to idealize(sp) the air flow through the cylinder so the car breaths evenly throughout all the cylinders, and not lean out due to lack of airflow into a specific cylinder. What you should notice, is the car idling a little smoother, and possibly being able to run a little more boost on pump fuel. That's it.

Honestly I don't know what all the fuss is about.

Just a fun little debate. Nothing more then that.

Originally posted by blackshoebox

Boy, there is a sucker born everyday.:rolleyes: ;) I guess Keith is a good sales man, with a good "pitch"

Just a fun little debate. Nothing more then that. [/B]

It's gone beyond a fun little debate, Alex. You're calling me a sucker and I don't appreciate it. If you believe that way, fine...keep it to yourself. I'm content with my purchase and don't require anyone's seal of approval.

Originally posted by WakkoSS
It's gone beyond a fun little debate, Alex. You're calling me a sucker and I don't appreciate it. If you believe that way, fine...keep it to yourself. I'm content with my purchase and don't require anyone's seal of approval.

Notice the ";) " after that comment? This means: sarcasm, joking,etc... If you were infront of me, you would be laughing with me, trust me.

Regardless, I did not mean to offend you, sorry you took it that way. If you are not doing mutiple modd's with the addition of the plenum, I would be interested to see some real word results(go to the track, and see if you pick up), my money says no, but hopefully your money that is spent, says, yes.

hey terry, i thought long and hard about that hemco that you offered me, and i decided against it, i dont think i need something quite like that right now, but thats for offering, i apperciate it..

thanks

-neil

Originally posted by Vendor Defendor
IAN I WANT A TE44!!! you made me feel as if i was standing still :eek:

-neil

You hooked on the 44? I have a 49 that may come up here soon.. Buying a 63..

whats the main difference? isnt it a TE44 vs. TA49? whats the difference, i was mostly hooked on the 44 because from what everyone says its a all around good street/strip turbo.. thats why i was hooked on it..

-neil

The 44/49 is pretty much the same turbo, yes there are differences, but all in all the 44/49 will give you the same performance.

Your stock turbo will give you more performance if it gets more fuel. I'm a bit of a retard still about TRs, but if your car were mine I'd do the hotwire, FP and AFPR next. Should be able to get the pump and hotwire kit used on here and get the Martone reg. Is your actuator rod modified yet?

Originally posted by WakkoSS
Martone reg. Is your actuator rod modified yet?

is the martone the one that you were telling me about the other day? and when you refer to the actuator rod your talking about the waste gate right?

-neil

You want your motor to last?

This is probably the 1,000th time you've heard this but, A scanmaster (or some sort of scan tool period) is the 1st thing you should buy. But you're not going to buy it because why the heck should you spend $200 on something thats not going to make you any faster right? You'll learn my Friend. I know I did. I wouldn't drive my car without it today.
:cool:

well when i sell my 305 thats sitting in my garage im going to use the $$$ from that to buy the scan master... actually thats what i was going to get next...

-neil

Get the Scanmaster and tune your car. You'll be happy, I promise. Froget about 44 or 49 turbos. Concentrate on what you have on your car now. Work with it, you can go high 12's easily with the stock turbo, injectors. Don't expect to go from mid 14's to high 12's though. It took me a year and a half to go from 14.6 to 12.80's and I didn't change a thing on my car. I had enough to go mid 12's from the day I bought the car, and I was told this by everyone, but couldn't find out why I was stil running 14's with slicks and everything!

1 step at a time. Theirs alot of info here and many people to help you in the club, including myself. Don't get ahead of yourself.

Originally posted by Turbojorge
Get the Scanmaster and tune your car. You'll be happy, I promise. Froget about 44 or 49 turbos. Concentrate on what you have on your car now. Work with it, you can go high 12's easily with the stock turbo, injectors. Don't expect to go from mid 14's to high 12's though. It took me a year and a half to go from 14.6 to 12.80's and I didn't change a thing on my car. I had enough to go mid 12's from the day I bought the car, and I was told this by everyone, but couldn't find out why I was stil running 14's with slicks and everything!

1 step at a time. Theirs alot of info here and many people to help you in the club, including myself. Don't get ahead of yourself.

Listen to the almighty, wise Jorge!! ;) He will not guide you wrong, Dan yall son.:D :)

...In all seriousness, a scanmaster, and a good set of VDO gauges should be your first "mods" IMO. Then an adjustable fuel regulator, with the pump hotwired, and you are set. Some good fuel, and a good chip, and the 12's should be easy with a little more boost, say 19-21 psi and some tires that hook.

Neil,

Mark Martone makes a great adj F/P regulator AND the price is very right. I have one on my car.

He used to live in the Tampa area when I lived in Ft Myers and I got to know him.

Terry

well see i have that engine in bargin trader right now for 300 bucks, ive been getting a few calls, but i dont know if anyone is truly serious yet, but so hofully i will be able to get that 305 out of my sight in the next week or two. then right after that a scan master can be considered to have a new home..

since i havent used one of those things, ive only been told that they are 'essential' what do they do exactly? whats the difference between them and say the snap on one i use at work?

-neil

It's about 100 times lighter and you can mount it on your dash. :D Nah, I've never seen a snap on scanner.

Don't mean to play big brother, just trying to help you avoid going in the direction that I went in the beginning. If I could only start all over again.......