Sunday 3/16, Crabby Jack's in Deerfield @ 6ish

Love that rain.

Well guy's you can blame me for the lovely rain, every time I think about taking the sled out now that I got some GREAT rain tires on it, you can bet the house your car's will get poured on. Funny thing is I almost took a little ride out last night to Fudd's but didn't cause I thought it would RAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIN.:mad:

Wow, nice weather after all! It was great to hang out with all those that showed up. 6 TR's...including three Limiteds. Wish we could do it EVERY week. :)

Originally posted by Vendor Defendor
IAN I WANT A TE44!!! you made me feel as if i was standing still :eek:

-neil

You think thats bad, wait till he gets that Mease DP on that thing. :D

Re: The cats out the hat......

Originally posted by Turbojorge
Yup, new toy bumped me up 10*. No big deal really, since instead of running 160-162 in hot (last week) traffic, I'm at 170-172 now. Part of the reason is because of the relocating of the tranny cooler too. I no longer have an extra fan in front of the radiator (like I had on the tranny cooler when it was mounted up front). Won't be a problem come summer when it starts getting really hot, since I'm planning on doing a re-core. Otherwise, I'm having fun blowing pipes and hoses off :D :D . I opened up the ends of all the pipes yesterday so I'm pretty sure their going to stay put from now on.

I was able to roll into it a few times at 30-35mph with about 18-19psi and the car now just has no remorse for the tires. Time for some DR's.

Good to hear the intercooler, went in nicely. I will be looking forward to seeing how the install went and how everything fits in person.:D

..As for my weekend..If any of you are in to seeing some the big boys in professional drag racing, the gator nationals are the ****. The top fuel dragsters were all in the mid 4's this weekend at 320++ mph. I was privaledge enough to sit in the tower on Sat. and literally watch the windows tremor under the force these cars put on the ground when they take off or do a burn out.:eek: :D There was a ton of other awsome classes along with one of my favorites, which is the pro-mod class. These cars are door slammers that run in the 6's with either blown hemi's or NOS injected chevy big blocks. Think the fastest pass for one of these cars was like 6.20@230.:eek:

This was my first year going, and I will now be attending every year, as I am hooked by the insane power displayed at this event.

-Alex

BTW: I took note of the insane track prep and condition Gainseville raceway is kept in, and I must say, the track that we are closest too, is by far the biggest joke compared to bmp and Gainseville, it is really sad. I think gainseville even hooks harder the BMP, which is a sick thought.:eek:

Originally posted by Turbojorge
You think thats bad, wait till he gets that Mease DP on that thing. :D

Ummm....I got kinda carried away when I ordered my DP yesterday from Keith...ordered a bit more than just the DP! No, I didn't order that bad a$$ intercooler.

Hey Neil, was it you that said you wanted my powerplate? I won't be needing it. :D

$249. It's pricey, but a super nice unit. I should be able to run more boost with it. Once I get it I'll take some pictures and some numbers and post em.

It's supposed to flow better than the plate and be more effective. I'm wondering if it would work with the plate for the Precision plenum.

Originally posted by WakkoSS
$249. It's pricey, but a super nice unit. I should be able to run more boost with it. Once I get it I'll take some pictures and some numbers and post em.

Not to rain on your parade, but that is a far over priced item for the potential gain it could produce.(2 tenths max, and that is being very generous). For 250, you could either bought, big necks for the IC, if you don't already have them, or other go fast items that are guranteed to produce. The plenum and/or throttle body mod's on these cars have been proven to be very inconsistent in gains recorded. If it only carries the same idea as the power plate(to reroute air more efficiently into the cylinders that tend to lean out first), you got ripped.

MPE Plenum Vs. stock plenum and plate.

I shouldnt be posting here, BUT oh well :cool:

We have tested our plenum VS stock plenum with PP, with exceptional results on our behalf....

Yes, SURE ...everything and your specific results are based on your boost level, mods, etc...but we have improved on the three plenums available and on the market now (hemco, accufab, and precision) Our plenum WILL work better than the stock plenum with plate, Precision, accufab, and hemco plenums without plates.

Testing VS stock plenum with PP revealed that we were able to apply 1-3 more PSI boost vs the PP/stock combo...

Our plenum is HAND MADE with billet CNC parts, hand TIG welded, and polished......the Accufab plenum is also $249.95 and its a cast POS that they pop out of a mold 100 pcs at a time...Yes, you pay for craftsmanship.

2 tenths isnt a lot? thats 20 HP bro~!.....pick up 20 HP 5 times and you're a second quicker!:eek:

I apoligize if I came off a little hard on ya guys.....we dont sell S**T that dont work......anyway....no flame intended!

thanks, <KM@>MPE

Re: MPE Plenum Vs. stock plenum and plate.

Originally posted by buicknasty

Testing VS stock plenum with PP revealed that we were able to apply 1-3 more PSI boost vs the PP/stock combo...

Got any Dyno sheets to prove HSP gains??

Originally posted by buicknasty

2 tenths isnt a lot? thats 20 HP bro~!.....pick up 20 HP 5 times and you're a second quicker!:eek:

I said, "2 tenths @ the most, being very generous." I have never heard of anyone picking up 2 tenth's from a plenum.

...IMHO, the part will not produce a gain that is worthy of 250$$, but again that is just my opinion.

I agree with Alex. I'd like to see someone go low 10's, high 9's like RJace did with his way less expensive part.

Keith, it isn't very nice of you to call someone elses product a POS either. I've never seen a vendor get on here and do that to another vendor.