TA alum engine

Its nice to have a price so you know if its within reach. If its not in the budget why bother.
I don't like calling and wastng 2 peoples time if I can't afford it.

Engine is SOLD!

are we actually hiding the selling price from the original owner of this motor ,for ones pure profit...just sayin....why play kid games and not post a price

I want to thank most everyone that participated in this thread! :)

In my wildest dream, I would not have guessed it would have drawn this much attention. :eek:

My "assumption" was that a turbo Buick owner who has been on the board, even a short time, would have known this engine price was way north of 5 figures, but that it what happens when you assume. :confused:

The cost to build this engine was $18,000+ not including headers or AC delete bracket.

It has been sold for a bit less than the original cost.

The post I quoted above was the only unpleasant comment of all which stated that I was being less than honest in hiding the price for profit reasons, and considering the source I will not take it as a personal attack, but shows the lack of credibility of that person.

Thanks to everyone, as it is a great feeling to know many friends and members did support my actions. :cool:

Ah, take with a grain of salt sir for they know not what they do!

I knew all this attention couldn't hurt but only help.

That is allot of views in two days.

Well done.

D

I'm sorry, I don't understand what the big deal was not posting the exact price on the engine. Obviously it was well over 12k just from the parts. If you don't understand that kind of hp in a TB engine costs $$$ then you shouldn't even be entertaining a thought on this engine. I knew it was way out of my league. I'm glad someone will put that great engine to good use.

I'm sorry, I don't understand what the big deal was not posting the exact price on the engine...........

That is a good question and deserves an answer.

First, this engine belongs to a customer, not me. He did have a price to start, but it was negotiable. I did not want to have a bidding war here.

Also, the picture of the engine included items, like the headers, that were not with the engine, and also he had initially wanted to keep the intake manifold and fuel rails.

I felt this was too complicated to present to even serious buyers, and could be done better by direct communication.

Actually this did work very well for the sale. I had many calls! :)

The "issue" of no price listed was because of the people that had no clue of the value of this engine, and wanted to voice their dis-pleasure to the public via their keyboard, and it was subject to the snowball effect. I was even accused of breaking a rule that does not exsist? :rolleyes:

Will I do this again? Probably yes, if circumstances dictate it is the better way. I have never had an item of this significant to list for sale, so this has been a new experience, not only for me but everyone.

I really do not care to sell parts on the internet as I am out of my element, so I will stay away from here as much as possible, and go back into the trenches with the Tech stuff. :biggrin:

The only suggestion I would have is to state the approximate build cost when putting something like this up for sale. At least it gives people a barometer of where to expect pricing to fall.
I'm sure there are more than a couple people who could "afford" the motor, but aren't up to speed with the cost of the build.
S.

That is a good question and deserves an answer.

First, this engine belongs to a customer, not me. He did have a price to start, but it was negotiable. I did not want to have a bidding war here.

Also, the picture of the engine included items, like the headers, that were not with the engine, and also he had initially wanted to keep the intake manifold and fuel rails.

I felt this was too complicated to present to even serious buyers, and could be done better by direct communication.

Actually this did work very well for the sale. I had many calls! :)

The "issue" of no price listed was because of the people that had no clue of the value of this engine, and wanted to voice their dis-pleasure to the public via their keyboard, and it was subject to the snowball effect. I was even accused of breaking a rule that does not exsist? :rolleyes:

Will I do this again? Probably yes, if circumstances dictate it is the better way. I have never had an item of this significant to list for sale, so this has been a new experience, not only for me but everyone.

I really do not care to sell parts on the internet as I am out of my element, so I will stay away from here as much as possible, and go back into the trenches with the Tech stuff. :biggrin:

Good selling technique if you ask me. Word got out coast to coast on that one. I didnt post earlier because I could not afford it and I knew that.

Damn, I didn't bother asking because I thought it was above 20k, then realized after it sold that I COULD afford it.:frown::biggrin:

I understand where Nick is coming from. Alot of people want to simply put a number on everything. I got a call from a board member about possibly buying either of my two cars. We talked on the phone about both of them for over an hour. Do you know how much typing that would be. I had a feeling that there was alot of variations on that motor that would change the price. If I were to buy that motor, i'd be asking him to change the price after i told him i didn't want the ac delete bracket, headers, intake etc. We would talk via phone and get it squared away. It seemed as though a few people wanted a price for pure entertainment. And no body likes dealing with strokers. I buy different cars all the time. Half the time i don't ever read the whole ad. Nor do i care to see what they are asking. I want a phone number. So can can make a call and talk to a person. He could have listed that motor for 20k. and scared people off. Those who were interested called him and i'm sure, discussed it.

Long story even longer. I'd like to see a phone number for an item listed even before a price. A good detailed description always comes before the price. :cool:

Nick,
I wasn't going to even stick my nose in this but I too DIDN"T like his snide post.
The post below tells you about how serious this guy would of been as a REAL buyer when he couldn't even spend $50 for a nice GN horn cap. Glad it sold for you and I know someone got a helluva engine.

BandAid
Need a Car Fax...send PM. Join Date: Oct 2004
Trader Rating: (4)

Guilty...Hey guy i didnt mean to offend you with the low ball of $40 for the horn

here it is for those with deeper pockets then me