The best most reliable vehicle you’ve owned

toyota camry

i have a 94 Toyota Camry V6. Runs like new just general maintenace. 176,500 and counting.

1988 Chevy Silverado, had 285K when I sold it. I had to put a tranny in it but it was becuase I put a shift kit in it and drove the hell out of it!

1998 Camaro SS 6SPD 140,000 when I sold it and the guy was going to put nitrous on it!
Had GM change the plugs at 120,000
They said drive it till the car skips! plug are PITA to change
28 MPG when the wife drove:biggrin:
Still have the 2002 SS
Put more miles on other cars but had to do some work on them

1992 Ford Aerostar. Over 200,000 miles and it has never let me down. General maintainence only. I still have it. I keep my good cars in the garage in the crappy weather and drive the beast. I really like having a van for dirty jobs and backup.

1992 Ford Aerostar. Over 200,000 miles and it has never let me down. General maintainence only. I still have it. I keep my good cars in the garage in the crappy weather and drive the beast. I really like having a van for dirty jobs and backup.
Aerostar...I'm sorry, but hey, glad to see a Ford actually last :D

Out of my cars, 66 GTO, 93 5.0 LX Mustang, 86 GN, 79 Rx-7, 87 BMW 325is, the Mustang was the most maintaince free - even after being owned by high school kids for the first 108k who took it curb hopping at 50mph in the snow...but, when I did want/need to do something to it, man it was a pain!

BTW, my mom had a 95 Astro, we could never get the brakes to stop squeaking and grabing! Somehow, I think her driving was causing it...it was pretty good except you had to put mid-range gas or some emissions valve(egr maybe? cant remember) would carbon up and kill the car...then, around 150k everything started breaking - the alternator bracket, the a/c compressor, etc...so she moved to a new buick.

1990 Nissan 300ZX. Hydrolocked the engine in a puddle, rebuilt it and kept driving over 178,000 miles. Sold in 2002 to move to CA..

My wife's 2006 Pontiac Vibe has been nice, but it' not old enough to determine just yet...

My most reliable car was my 1986 NA Buick Regal Limited! ~180k miles, only major repair was a rebuilt transmission at 85k miles.

First was a 1982 Buick Regal 4.1 L 198,000 when I sold it.

Second is a 1995 Chevy Caprice 9C1 X-cop car 135,000 miles and going strong. Finally had it tuned up at 130,000.

91 chevy lumina eurosport

drove this car four years,did nothing to it,already had 150 k when i bought it,sold it with 210k....never missed a lick.

1997 Ford Explorer

Beat the crap out of it only thing that had to be changed besides oil,brakes,tires, and fluids was the drivers side door lock compressor but that was becuase i broke it trying to fix the lock. 126,000 miles and still running strong

Hmmm... I've had so many cars so far (46 at last count), but here are the ones that come to mind in no particular order:

1984 Ford Crown Victoria ex-RI State Police car - 151k when I got it in 1987, beat the p*ss out of it for 2 years in college and as volunteer firefighter, never broke, not once.

1979 Olds Delta 88 Coupe - got it after it rammed a tree dead center, fixed the nose, noticed it ran rough, drove it 10k miles w/broken pushrod/rocker in high school, repaired that for $25 in parts, took it to college for another year or two before getting the Crown Vic.

1996 VW Golf 4-door, got it new for my wife when first married, she drove it locally for 3 years, I drove it as a consultant for two years between CT and NJ/PA, never broke, traded at 80k for '01 Volvo.

2001/2005 Volvo CrossCountry wagon - wife has had both past/currently, great cars, '05 is a little better overall - '01 was first year of current build.

My 1987 Buick Regal Limited. 5.0L V8, power everthing. Bought it with 65,000 miles and drove it to hell and back. It had 199,000 miles on it when I sold it.

Miss the car, wish I would have kept it.