The crowd pleaser. LS TA vs E85 Buick

KevinB

From tonight's cruise in. Have to drive the car to the track is the only rule. Unprepped track makes it very challenging but fun.
The ta got me out of the hole but I caught him after the 1/8th. He was on slicks and I was on worn out drag radials. I left off idle and feathered it until 2nd gear. 2.0 60' lol. The crowd loves watching ls cars go down so I was the favorite for this race.
YouTube - ‪Buick vs Trans Am @ Thursday Night Lightz‬‏

The run was 10.9 @ 127 with the slow start. E85, 23 psi, 6768, stock stroke, ths legal. need more injector before I turn it up.

Cool race. Love watching the little 6 cylinder take down the V8.

Take care, Kip

Just think how much faster and easier it would have been to beat him with an LS in your car!!:D

KFB, I have to admit I enjoy your excitement with your car. Nice to see it running good and whooping up on those V8s..

Dude you should have heard the people in the stands! You were definitely getting some fans and all the ppl that know me and about my car kept asking me..."have you seen this fast silver one? looks just like yours...blah etc" lol...Im like yeah I know that guy and it takes way more money than I have to run like that!

Kevin you have set a standard for my t that it cannot achieve in this decade dam you!:D

I should have got down there sooner so I could have actually watched all the races...

Dude you should have heard the people in the stands! You were definitely getting some fans and all the ppl that know me and about my car kept asking me..."have you seen this fast silver one? looks just like yours...blah etc" lol...Im like yeah I know that guy and it takes way more money than I have to run like that!

Kevin you have set a standard for my t that it cannot achieve in this decade dam you!:D

I should have got down there sooner so I could have actually watched all the races...

Just think what you would have had if you worked at it...:cool:

gotta pay your dues first.

Just think what you would have had if you worked at it...:cool:

gotta pay your dues first.
Couldn't put it better myself!

I've been through a lot of popping and banging and tearing stuff up. But each time that has happened I learned something. You have to listen to the right people. Do not listen to everything you read on the internet. Lots of bad info out there. I've learned that through out the years.

I'm having a blast with this car. Sure its only in low 10 sec trim but the seat time I'm gaining and the data I'm gathering with this new to me fuel is turning out to be pretty fun. I made 8 1/4 mile passes in less than 1.5 hours. I think the e85 had a ton to do with it. My water temps never went higher than 170 at the end of the run. With race gas it would be 200 or so. My oil temps never went real high either. This stuff is the real deal! I would definitely recommend this fuel over Meth injection anyday! It doesn't kill plugs either. This stuff has lowered the cost of a track outing by at least $100 a trip.

KFB, I have to admit I enjoy your excitement with your car. Nice to see it running good and whooping up on those V8s..

Only thing that would have made it better would have been if the car he beat was a converted over ex turbo regal.

See ya, Kip

nice kill

i like chasing cars down too..i am accused of the bottle repeatedly:D ........

We just need a double pumper, bigger injectors, e85 and a few other things and we can make your car fly!

how many mph do you pick up between the 1/8 and the 1/4 just curious.

Nice video.

Just think how much faster and easier it would have been to beat him with an LS in your car!!:D

The ironic thing is that the LS that beat me in the finals blew a head gasket. I turned up the boost and it broke up at the 1/8th so I let out since it was my ride home. As soon as I did that, the other car back fired (nitrous issue?) and slowed down too. I was too far behind at that point to catch back up.